About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Central Ecommerce team partners with supply chain, product and brand leadership to enable Gap Inc’s online businesses to deliver on their commercial targets and support the development of a best in class fulfillment experience for our ecommerce customers. Rather than focus on one brand or one geography, the team supports all of Gap Inc’s online brands and markets, and plays a key role in prioritizing and delivering solutions that “grow the whole pie.” Straddling traditional functions in business operations and strategy, successful team members are able to flex skills across analytics, strategy development, cross-functional leadership and project management.
The Senior Analyst of Ecommerce Supply Chain Operations & Strategy will own key aspects of reporting and analytics for the team. S/he will provide crucial visibility to performance metrics across ecommerce fulfillment, work with product management and business intelligence to build new dashboards and reports and deep dive into the data to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and increase the bottom line. A high degree of comfort in Excel, SQL and Microsoft Power BI is mandatory, along with a strong appetite and aptitude for learning new data systems.
The Senior Analyst will also support the Director in broader ecommerce fulfillment activities including Holiday Readiness initiatives and ad hoc / special projects.
What you'll do
- Maintain detailed daily reporting for online fulfillment on DC and fulfillment health, owning daily communications within Global Supply Chain
- Proactively identify and investigate issues and improvement opportunities within reporting, and then drive to implementation of solutions
- Partner with product management and business intelligence in evolving and developing new, automated reporting tools and dashboards, providing business insight into use cases, data relevance and data visualization
- Serve as a data and reporting authority to online brand teams, in conjunction with Central Ecommerce Director, translating supply chain metrics into impact to the business and vice versa
- Serve as the “connective tissue” driving metrics and dashboard alignment and communication among supply chain functions (DC operations, transportation, analytics, contact center, product, tech) that serve ecommerce fulfillment, including supporting weekly calls and ad hoc communications
- Be ready to independently drive ad hoc ‘80/20’ analysis, as well as more rigorous and extensive business modelling (backlog modelling, financial modelling) as needed
- Support Director on critical holiday readiness initiatives to ensure successful ecommerce fulfillment during Gap Inc’s busiest and most critical season
- Be ready to support and/or drive special projects related to ecommerce fulfillment for Gap Inc’s brands globally, typically working cross-functionally. Examples could include new packaging launch, new delivery option launch, assessment and implementation of third party solutions.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experiencein an Analytics or Strategy role
- Experience in ecommercefulfillment or operations a plus
- Demonstratedability of managing operational details and execution, while also understandingthe big picture
- Experience withquantitative analysis and modelling, as well as creative problem solving
- High degree of comfort in Excel, SQL andMicrosoft Power BI. Strong appetite and aptitude for learning new data systems.
- Ability to workin ambiguous environments, bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability todevelop and maintain effective business relationships and influencecross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs