About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Buyer, Canada Online develops, communicates, and executesmerchandise assortment, sales, and inventory plans and strategies that supportthe merchandising, marketing, sales, and inventory objectives.
What you'll do
- Recap and analyze actual sales results and website performance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and provide actionable recommendations to drive the business.
- Own in-season management including division level markdown & promotional recommendations and forecasting sales and inventory for all basic styles.
- Own open to buy forecasts. Present financial forecast and supporting action plans in open to buy/monthly forecast meetings.
- Performs daily activities that supports the merchandising strategies and assists in the creation of a compelling product presentation that will inspire the customer to buy including site review, USOL vs. CDAOL site comparison, and reviewing the competitive landscape.
- Create promotional sorts that tie back to promotional plans and partnering with MC with clear direction of site experience.
- Reviewing in site preview upcoming site changes for pricing and sort accuracy and applying a customer point-of-view.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by division/department and class and review site performance to identify category opportunities.
- Create pre-season sales and inventory plans by division to support product, marketing, and sales strategies.
- Assist in the development/decision of the product assortment, merchandise point of view, shop strategies, key item positioning, and promotional plans, ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives for the Canadian market.
- Represent divisions/brand and present a point of view in business meetings.
- Manage all changes made by Brand/USOL throughout preseason planning and ensure CDAOL investment accuracy.
Who you are
- 2-4 years of retail buying, planning or related analytical experience.
- Possesses a clear understanding of financial measurements including: sales, gross margin, inventory productivity measures such as weeks of hand (WOH), etc. and how to impact them.
- Customer focused and interest in product.
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and able to create processes when surrounded by ambiguity
- Able to build and maintain productive team and cross-functional relationships including merchandising, IM, marketing, production, and DC/operations.
- Technology proficiency, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications; proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must be able to operate a computer.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs