About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Project Manager of Store Labor Optimization supports the Store Productivity team to create effective communication, tools and resources that drive increased field execution and improved product sell through in Gap Inc. stores across North America. This role is responsible for managing all operational aspects of labor and workload management, predictive scheduling, workbrain rollout, training and maintenance, labor legislation and accurately planning for each store’s unique attributes.
This Project Manager will interact with cross brand, cross functional and cross channel business partners to identify opportunities for continuous improvement to systems, operating procedures and tools to drive labor productivity. This position is required to ensure that store labor allocation meets all Gap Inc. and localized labor ordinances and regulations. This position will also lead and manage the rollout, training and evolution of strategic labor programs, tools and initiatives, including WFM and the Shyft App.
This role partners with the Director of Finance Operations to influence key business partners across all functions and channels and represents the voice of the field and customers in all interactions.
Manage in store execution of labor optimization
through effective education, tools and resources
Develop and influence scheduling strategies and best practices
to ensure flawless execution through effective communication, details and timing to stores
Lead and hold full accountability
all programs that relate to scheduling to ensure they are current and effective to improve productivity and efficiencies in stores
Create and develop
reporting (both existing and ad hoc) as needed by the Field or the Store Operations Team
Lead and coordinate
field feedback to support scheduling best practices and apply to future communication, tools and resources
change management strategies to effectively implement initiatives and drive productivity
Oversee and execute
all store communication associated with personnel management, scheduling, LME program (where applicable) amongst others
with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for process improvement
Analyze and propose solutions,
within brand store environment
to enable best in class processes
Who you are
- articulates and embraces challenges; learns from and seeks information that can result in improved business results
- demonstrates ability to effectively brainstorm and then implement new ideas and solutions with the team
– identifies opportunities within the store environment and offers solutions to improve the overall customer experience
– understands the importance of achieving commercial and business goals
– demonstrates attention to detail in the creation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
– sets specific and measurable performance objectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard
– articulates successful response to challenging situations utilizing available knowledge while considering alternative solutions
– demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately
– adapts and continues to perform through change and ambiguity
Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.