About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
TheProject Manager of Store LaborOptimization supports the Store Productivity team to create effectivecommunication, tools and resources that drive increased field execution andimproved product sell through in Gap Inc. stores across North America. This role is responsible for managing alloperational aspects of labor and workload management, predictive scheduling,workbrain rollout, training and maintenance, labor legislation and accuratelyplanning for each store’s unique attributes.
ThisProject Manager will interact with cross brand, cross functional and crosschannel business partners to identify opportunities for continuous improvementto systems, operating procedures and tools to drive labor productivity. Thisposition is required to ensure that store labor allocation meets all Gap Inc.and localized labor ordinances and regulations. This position will also lead and manage the rollout, training andevolution of strategic labor programs, tools and initiatives, including WFM andthe Shyft App.
This role partners with theDirector of Finance Operations to influence key business partners across allfunctions and channels and represents the voice of the field and customers inall interactions.
Manage in store execution of labor optimization
through effective education, tools andresources
Develop andinfluence scheduling strategies and best practices
to ensure flawless execution through effectivecommunication, details and timing to stores
Lead and hold full accountability
ofall programs that relate to scheduling to ensure they are current andeffective to improve productivity and efficiencies in stores
Create and develop
reporting (both existing and ad hoc) asneeded by the Field or the Store Operations Team
Lead and coordinate
field feedback to support schedulingbest practices and apply to future communication, tools and resources
change management strategies toeffectively implement initiatives and drive productivity
all store communication associatedwith personnel management, scheduling, LME program (where applicable) amongstothers
with Field and HQ teams to determine opportunities for processimprovement
Analyze and propose solutions,
within brand store environment
to enable best in class processes
Who you are
- articulates and embraces challenges; learnsfrom and seeks information that can result in improved business results
- demonstrates ability to effectively brainstorm and then implementnew ideas and solutions with the team
– identifies opportunities within the storeenvironment and offers solutions to improve the overall customer experience
– understands the importance of achievingcommercial and business goals
– demonstrates attention to detail in thecreation of processes and monitors implementation to ensure proper execution.
– sets specific and measurable performanceobjectives and strives to always meet or exceed the performance standard
– articulates successful response tochallenging situations utilizing available knowledge while consideringalternative solutions
– demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasksand projects, to prioritize and adapt appropriately
– adapts and continues to perform throughchange and ambiguity
Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.