About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Category Manager IIof Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for GapInc. The Category Manager II will own planning, implementation, and executionof category strategy for complex categories. The Category Manager II will beresponsible for developing effective business partner relationships withleaders internally and externally at all levels.
What you'll do
- Engages and establishes business partnerships with leadership across Gap Inc’s portfolio of Brands, Store Development team, Distribution Centers, and Corporate offices to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategy
- Leads and participates inmeetings with Business Partners across Brands and varied functions
- Builds effective strategicrelationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategy
- Manage and execute sourcingstrategies based on Business requirements
- Manage sourcing projects:develops strategy, creates implementation plan and executes to drive change
- Navigate a complex matrixed organization
- Manage and execute sourcing strategies through strong technical/functionalknowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has deepunderstanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection,marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management,negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across functions and levels with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Develop deep category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define Strategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Provide guidance and mentorship on Strategic Sourcing technical knowledge to junior team members
Who you are
- Business Acumen: category expertise inthe following categories (ie. Marketing, Technology, Transportation, Logistics,etc)
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen,market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact incomplex categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic businessenvironment
- Sourcing Capability: manage, plan, andexecute complex, global categories to drive short and long-term results throughcategory strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration andinfluencing at all levels of a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation,influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigatein an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliversustainable results to the team.
- Change Leadership: experience leadingwithout authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 6 + years professionalexperience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degreepreferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs