About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
What you'll do
- Develop the monthly forecast, annual budget, and long-range plan for Marketing spend, Marketing Divisional expense, and Other Income for BR Specialty, BR Factory Store, and BR Online channels
- Identify and research monthly and quarterly variances to budget and forecast, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement
- Utilize various computer information systems/sources for financial analysis
- Perform monthly and quarterly close responsibilities, including preparing and uploading journal entries and preparing corporate close package slides
- Assist in preparing executive presentations for budget and forecast that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items and opportunity to support leadership make informed business decisions
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with both associated finance business partners and cross-functional teams
- Maximize the use of Microsoft Access, Hyperion Essbase, and Oracle Financials in forecasting/budgeting process
- Provide ad hoc analytical support and perform special projects as needed
- Serve as strategic thought partner in relation to the budget for the CMO/SVP Marketing
- Act as liaison between Finance and Marketing teams to help problem solve budget issues
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 4 Years Finance/Accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superlative interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize assignments, and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Proficient in Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, and Oracle desired
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs