About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Manager of Production Management is responsible for the seasonal global production and responsive inventory strategies for their departments(s). This role works with the domestic and international markets to realize a leveraged product pipeline process. This includes identifying and implementing process efficiencies and scale across multiple markets. This role adds value to the Global Production function by serving as the liaison between Gap Inc. Sourcing (GIS) and the country business leaders and teams The Production Manager may have Associate and Assistant Production Managers as his/her direct reports. He/she works closely within a cross-functional team that includes; Product Development, Gap Inc. Sourcing (GIS), Merchandising, Tech Services, IM, Allocation, and is responsible for strategies to support financial and responsive Production Management.
What you'll do
- Partners with Director and above and GIS to develop sourcing and capacity management and responsive strategies in support of Domestic and International growth.
- Understands and utilizes the product to market pipeline process and calendar, and provides input for simplicity.
- Partners with Director and above and provides input on ways to streamline in season processes.
- Works cross functionally to ensure deadlines are met to achieve on time garment deliveries
- Responsible for responsive goals by managing multiple responsive buying tracks
- Oversee in-season production management across multiple markets (i.e. delivery issues, receipt shifts, chase requests)
- Ability to operate strategically, to drive toward business goals while managing the team to execute the details.
- Manage to milestones: booking on time, responsive, managing liabilities, test and respond.
- Work collaboratively and with the cross functional teams to influence and drive decisions.
- Coach the team on problem solving skills/critical thinking.
- Execute chase, and receipt flow changes with Global Production teams and GIS.
- Helps facilitate use of fabric and or trim liabilities incurred by all markets.
- Acts as a point person and works cross functionally to resolve in season Production related issues.
- Manufacturing--trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity.
- Garment production--production cycle timeline, fabric and garment construction.
- Strong drive for results in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on brief and focused messages addressing and solving for business needs.
- Strong negotiation skills with audiences of all levels
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute multiple projects at once.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and react to change in a composed, professional manner
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills and sound decision making
- Sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Basic retail math skills and ability understand weekly business trends and take action.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Computer skills: Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook. Web based applications; Assortment and Costing Tools, PLM -Product Lifecycle Management tool.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years of Production experience; Garment Production experience preferred
- International travel may be required
- Project Management
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs