About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
This position owns the market-level analysis for sales, margin, and inventory for Banana Republic. The Sales Finance Manager will apply traditional finance and planning skills while developing a high-level perspective of Banana Republic’s business operations. Work collaboratively with members across the organization (Inventory Management, Marketing, Digital, etc.) to develop and communicate a concise point of view on BR’s business that will maximize both sales and gross margin dollars for the company.
What you'll do
- Develop sales, margin, and inventory forecasts that incorporate current business trends and business strategies (MD, flows, product, marketing, field) to inform Banana Republic and Gap Inc. executives of business expectations. Quantify and articulate risk and opportunity to achieving forecasts.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan and forecast in-season sales/margins/inventory on a weekly, monthly and quarterly and ad hoc basis; analyze financial performance to pre-season strategies and recommend strategic shifts as needed.
- Develop detailed annual budgets and quarterly plan targets (monthly sales, margin and inventory plans) that support the strategic direction of the company.
- Responsible for completion, submission, and accuracy of monthly corporate forecast.
- Ensure Inventory Management teams build inventory plans that support the budget through clear communication of budgets and detailed reviews of plans.
- Prepare insightful presentations for senior management to concisely summarize performance and go-forward strategies.
- Create ad hoc analysis that provides additional insight into business trends/performance (that helps inform future forecasts and plans).
- Manage and develop one direct report.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- Online Experience ie. Demand Waterfall knowledge preferred
- 5+ years of financial and business analysis. Inventory management experience a plus
- 2-3 years of experience supervising others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build strong partnerships and influence others
- Excellent analytical application skills (Excel, etc.) and desire to master new systems; productivity application skills (PowerPoint, Word); and Financial system experience (Essbase, etc)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines
- Strong ability to drive results and formulate business strategy
- Team player with a positive attitude
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs