Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Accountable for the creation of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin and inventory strategies hit Divisional sales plans. Drive partnership and collaboration with Global Merchandising to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the Gap Online customer and business needs. Develop and communicate Divisional site merchandising strategies based on product and financial goals and marketing plans. Accountable for the skill development and career growth of team.
• Responsible for the development of seasonal financial targets by Division - to include sales, gross margin and inventory.
• Responsible for the reconciliation of Divisional top-down & bottoms-up sales and inventory plans.
• Communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to Sr. Director and cross-functional teams on a weekly basis; inclusive of pricing recommendations and strategies from team members that align with Divisional financial plans.
• Responsible for the ongoing assessment of sales and inventory plans/forecasts (inclusive of fashion and basics) from investment through in-season management (inclusive of monthly Open-to-Buy), including ongoing assortment updates and inventory changes
• Responsible for the Gap Online exclusive business strategies by Division, including product recapping, needs analysis and presentation on site.
• Responsible for weekly site deliverables - promo outlook, site review, creative review, etc to ensure clarity on all execution by site merchandising; use reporting to understand customer’s preferences and make recommendations.
• Communicate job standards and performance expectations to direct reports in a timely manner.
Who you are
• Must have retail background with 8+ years experience, inclusive of inventory management/merchandising/buying; 3+ years experience managing others ideal.
• Highly developed understanding of e-commerce business drivers impacting top and bottom line, as well at the ability to interpret web analytics to implement/drive strategy.
• Team Leadership- has progressive experience leading cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical experts to drive a common vision.
• Personal Leadership- demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across a cross functional team.
• Change Leadership- experience leading through significant change & transformation to move a team forward in a financially responsible way.
• Talent Builder- proven track record of assessing, attracting and developing best in industry leaders and teams.
• Ability to formulate long term strategies and short term tactical plans that are effective, efficient and support business and product strategies.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs