Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This role will report into the Sr. Manager of In-Store Testing and will support the Global In-store testing Platform for the Gap Brand, as well as any multi-divisional or brand-level initiatives. Tests will be designed to measure the impact of various performance drivers across a wide range of strategies including: new product, SKU rationalization, visual merchandising, price/promotion, marketing, assortment architecture, in-store technology, payroll and service models. The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills and will have experience managing logistics within a large retail organization.
What you'll do
Own end to end logistics of test operations including PO submission and validation, shipment tracking and on-time delivery, and test hindsighting
Support tracking test execution progress, identifying issuesisks, and coordinating mitigation plans & actions
Provide competitive and brand category-level assortment & pricing analysis to help develop unique testing strategy for each in-store product test
Partner closely with merchandising, planning, and production to influence and design in-store product tests
Partner with Store Operations lead to ensure accurate in-store presentation, field understanding of the purpose of the test
- Support preparation of presentations and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
Who you are
- Strong hypotheses-driven problem solving orientation with ability to create structured analyses from disparate sources of information
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with internal team and cross-functional partners
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and to work independently or with teams
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- 2+ years of work experience required, ideally in Consulting, Inventory Management, Merchandising, Logistics or Production
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, business, or mathematics
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs