We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Our Sales Associate utilizes expert knowledge of our product combined with passion for activity, health and wellness to educate, inform, inspire and wardrobe our customers and match them with the right activity or wellness offering. Our associates respect our customers, take pride in the brand mission, the product, the store, and its team and works to deepen the relationship with our customers to provide an innovative and compelling shopping and community experience.
What you'll do
Who you are
- Your previous experience has allowed you to develop your problem-solving, effective communication & relationship building skills.
- You can demonstrate personal knowledge of how activity, sport, fitness and wellness can benefit the customer.
- Your previous experience in retail, the health & fitness industry or being active in the local community is an advantage.
- Typically requires 2-4 years’ experience in customer facing roles.
- Availability to meet the current needs of the business inclusive of high traffic and peak sales volume days.
- Availability to support the duties assigned to the role.
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, back room and office areas.
This job profile intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs