About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Transportation & Trade Compliance -- the Sr. Director, Global Parcel Operations is responsible for the planning, execution, and optimization of Gap Inc.’s Global Parcel networks. This leader is accountable for carrier performance and management of nearly 100M parcels annually and the associated budgeted spend associated with such shipments across our Gap Inc network – with a primary focus on the US and Canada, and secondary focus on Europe and Asia. This includes managing the day to day operations related to Direct to Consumer (both DC to Consumer and Ship from Store) and non-DTC parcel transportation across all global markets - inclusive of retail transportation store delivery to our Athleta brand. This leader is accountable for optimal Parcel Delivery to Consumers, Stores, and other offices across the Global Gap Inc. supply chain network. This leader will manage the external carrier relationships and KPI performance related to parcel shipping – interacting with internal DC operations, external parcel carriers, Inbound and Outbound Transportation operations, Finance, Strategic Sourcing, and Brand Operational teams. Managing a small team of Transportation professionals, this leader is expected to drive a dynamic function - possessing the necessary skills to operate and lead in an increasingly complex and evolving consumer business model – balancing expedient transportation services with optimal cost and innovative customer solutions to maximize margin for Gap Inc. This leader owns the design and operational execution of the evolving Global e-commerce markets, partnering closely with the local operating teams and vast external carrier networks to ensure carrier performance and cost targets are met. This leader is expected to be well versed in Parcel core principles and well connected to industry trends, other retailers, and external service providers within the respective network. Working with the Director, Global Transportation Sourcing – this resource will also drive the requirements for and participate in the execution of contract and negotiation efforts – while being accountable to manage to such terms on a day to day basis. Finally, this position is responsible for recommending and tracking long-term strategies [working closely with senior strategy and brand executives], providing appropriate resources, and using independent judgment to ensure Parcel Operations meet performance, service, and cost expectations across all global markets.
What you'll do
- Manage over $500M in annual Parcel Shipment spend and 90M+ parcel shipments – with budget and service accountability for DC to Consumer, Ship from Store, and Non-Consumer Parcel shipments
- Manage Carrier Performance and Relationships across the Parcel network – focus on US and Canada
- Develops annual operating plans and long-range strategies for the Global Parcel network
- Leads the design/ development of Parcel Visibility tools to enable real-time workflow management and assessment of network performance
- Development of optimal “speed” solutions to support varying brand requirements and customer promise
- Ensure Business Continuity Plans are in place to support Parcel needs across markets/ channels
- Leverage professional partnerships to enhance cross-functional work-flow, decision-making, & collaboration within the Global Parcel network
- Educated in Industry/ Regulatory issues and external network benchmarking for Parcel Operations
- Establish the processes and tools required for regular performance reporting and communication to senior management
- Participate as an active member of the GTLT [Global Transportation Leadership Team]
Who you are
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience
- MBA, MSIE, CSMP or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in Transportation management and leadership, with a focus on Parcel operations
- 10+ years’ experience in leading external carriers and dealing with executive level leaders
- 7-10 years’ experience managing resources and building effective global teams
- Carrier and Provider sourcing and procurement experience required
- Previous Retail/ Online experience strongly preferred
- Experience leading and developing global operating teams
- Budget development/ management experience required
- Proven track record in successfully leading complex, cross-functional projects required
- Understanding of general Transportation regulatory concepts/ requirements
- Experience with various TMS and WMS required – with a focus on Parcel systems
- Must be able to travel as business dictates – NA travel focus – 15%+ of role
- Prefer to be domiciled in Erlanger, KY (Cincinnati Area)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs