About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Manages two or more processing or support areas, manages overall performance of shift, and interfacing with brand and store business partners. Prepares reports and operating budgets and ensures that areas are meeting or exceeding production objectives. Exercises independent discretion and judgement in the execution of business strategies by providing leadership and direction to the team. This position manages the Analyst and Supervisor positions and reports to the Facility Director. Overall, this position is responsible for 100 to 125 employees. This position requires coaching, leadership and people development skills. Prepares annual budget. Responsible for developing business plans, creating tracking strategies and using independent judgement to ensure department stays within financial budget.
What you'll do
Manage and motivate assigned direct reports and facility personnel to accomplish daily and year objectives. Contributes to policy/program development through administration and execution of policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities.
Sets direction for the facility while anticipating operations issues and develops preventative measures by analyzing quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positively impact productivity.
Works with business partners throughout the network (to include other Operations Managers, Facility Directors, Campus Leaders, Brand Directors, and store business partners) to integrate and align efforts across the DC's and functions
Demonstrates business leadership throughout the organization by using independent discretion to create and achieve short and long-term strategic and tactical plans for the Distribution Center guided by broad policies, objectives and standards.
Engages staff by having floor presence, a critical job duty for Operations Managers.
Ensures direct reports have appropriate tools, provides support and information, coaches and trains, gives timely recognition and feedback, creates developmental plans, owns team production, and makes key decisions that impact team direction.
Works with cross-functional teams to make decisions that will best serve the entire global organization.
Who you are
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems, to include KRONOS, DLx and WMS
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to manage for results.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to review data/processes and independently determine/implement solutions
- Ability to assess talent and build development plans
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Preferred 7 - 10 years line supervision
- Experience with development and use of variable budgets; familiar with basic accounting principles.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs