We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
We are looking for a highly creative, curious, and motivated Email Designer to join our growing in-house Creative team. The Email Designer will be working in a fast-paced environment with a cross-functional team of designers, copywriters, developers, and marketing managers. Our ideal candidate has experience designing for email or other digital media, with an interest in content production and fashion and apparel. The position will report into the Email Design Manager.
What you'll do
- Design daily, seasonal and triggered emails while maintaining the brand’s voice and aesthetic.
- Assist with quarterly registry email updates.
- Work directly with the Email Design Manager to introduce new and innovative designs.
- Collaborate cross functionally to meet business goals and ensure designs implemented align with company’s weekly initiatives.
- Design dynamic store and retail emails.
- Research new best practices for email marketing campaigns.
- Stay current with changes in technology and demonstrate technical competence
- Color correct or alter photo files in Photoshop as needed.
- Prepare files to be used for email development.
- Help elevate and bring the design aesthetic to the next level, within brand guidelines.
Who you are
- Detail oriented and extremely organized.
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects at a time.
- Familiarity with current online advertising practices and functionality.
- Exceptional critical and conceptual thinking skills.
- You have an ownership mindset, and holds yourself accountable for your commitments.
- A perpetual student, you are curious and always expanding your skillset.
- Have a strong POV on content strategy, outfitting and how it comes to life through photography and design. Ability to articulate your vision to marketing, merchandising and creative.
- Thinks strategically and creates multiple concepts based on high-level strategies.
- Shows ownership, is a self-starter and proactive. Identify creative opportunities in existing emails (marketing and triggered), design and develop solutions quickly and present them back to digital marketing.
- Ability to connect the dots between key stakeholders.
- At least 3 years’ experience of design in an agency/e-commerceetail space.
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design or Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in Adobe Suite- Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Experience creating gif animation and motion graphics.
- Ability to select appropiate edits from fashion photography shoots.
Nice to Have
- Being able to code HTML is definitely a plus.
- Familiarity with InVision and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience editing and outputting video.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs
Something went wrong, please try again later.
We'll send a confirmation email asking you to verify your email address.
Thanks for signing up! Click the link in the email we sent you to verify your email address.