About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Payroll processors support running payroll for our store and distribution center populations. A successful Payroll Processor is proactive with high attention to detail. They must possess the technical abilities to navigate our payroll system and analyze payroll data to create solutions for payroll exceptions.
What you'll do
- Process hours, adjustments and exceptions for all stores and distribution centers
- Process reissues for stop payments and direct deposit rejects
- Process final pay for employees according to Federal, State and Provincial guidelines
- Research paid time off and sick leave inquiries
- Manage store closure process with stores to ensure a successful transition for store employees who transfer to another store or who leave the company
- Review payroll adjustments and termination pay for accuracy and generate paychecks for delivery
- Research and resolve payroll inquiries from business partners while maintaining department security protocols
Who you are
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently
- Ability to act quickly and professionally in high stress situations
- Ability to work on and organize several tasks concurrently and meet stringent deadlines
- Embrace change and enjoy a dynamic environment; willing to take on new responsibilities
- Intermediate Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll and Payroll systems experience ideal, including the ability to build and run data queries
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs