About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Customer Experience Product Management team at Gap Inc. is responsible for creating a best-in-class digital shopping experience. This is the team that ideates, executes, and delivers technology for Gap Inc.’s portfolio of specialty apparel brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory, Intermix and Hill City. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Our proprietary, multi-brand shopping platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences across all of our brands. We are expanding our platform to enhance omni-channel capabilities, launch international markets, optimize mobile and tablet experiences, and support the growth of our retail store fleet.
As a Product Management Intern for Digital Customer Experience, you will help shape the product roadmap for our e-commerce platform and work directly with UX designers, engineers, and business partners. You’ll take ownership of a high impact project that may involve the design, development, & testing of new functionality, strategy & visioning for a new initiative, and/or deep dives into analytics, metrics, & customer insights. The role requires a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We’re looking for individuals with an inquisitive nature and an inherent love for products.
What you'll do
- Serve as product owner, leader, and motivator on cross-functional teams during the lifecycle of product development
- Own and execute on product strategy and influence the direction of consumer experience for our world class brands
- Test and learn into compelling customer experiences and conduct analyses to measure impact of feature deployments
- Champion the needs of customer and business stakeholders throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with local and distributed business partners and agile/lean development teams to deliver software incrementally
- Partner with user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- Gather input from our customers and internal and external sources to inform product development and identify new opportunities
- Justify and prioritize roadmaps, development initiatives and expenditures
Who you are
Currently enrolled in a top tier MBA program with a year or less left in degree
3 or more years of professional work experience in retail, eCommerce, product, consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or other quantitative and strategic roles
A customer-centric obsession and an understanding of what makes great customer experiences
Passion for solving complex problems and bringing ideas to life
Ability to work independently with a “make it happen” attitude and deliver under uncertainty and ambiguity
Flexibility and the ability to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on influencing stakeholders across different levels and business functions
A highly strategic, analytical, and detail-oriented mindset
Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs