About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director drivescompetitive advantage and value creation for Gap Inc. The Director will leadplanning, implementation, and execution of category strategies for the highlycomplex Outbound categories, including Parcel, Line Haul and 3PL, totalingmore than $750M in spend. The Director will be responsible for developing andmaturing strong and effective business partner relationships with theTransportation Team and Carriers that result in on-going strategic partnerships.They will leverage their subject matter expertise and market intelligence tolead the development of category strategies to drive financial and strategicvaue.
What you'll do
- Provide high-level guidance on sourcing strategies through strong technical/functionalknowledge, in support of the business’ long-term plans. Has deep understandingof key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketingintelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations,SRM, etc.) as well as subject matter expertise in the Parcel, Line Haul, and3PL categories.
- Develop and empower talent: coaches and developsteam on both technical and soft skills
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partneracross varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders, externalsuppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- Drive external focus: maintain strong connections with a widenetwork of peers and leaders across multiple organizations and industry groups
- Leverage strong financial discipline to drive controls,compliance and transparency at the CFO level
- Define category performance targets and lead team toachieve goals; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implementcourse corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills to defineStrategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders,including senior leadership
- Act as a subject matter expert to the broaderorganization in the development of plans for implementation and changemanagement for projects
- Act as a change agent to drive GAP Inc. wide process, scale and leverage opportunities
Who you are
- Business Acumen: category expertise inthe following categories (Parcel, Line Haul, and 3PL)
- Talent Builder: Proven track record of developing long-termcapabilities in others and across a global organization, having found enjoymentdeveloping best-in-industry teams and sharing talent across the organization.
- Strategic Orientation: significant experience leveragingbusiness acumen, market intelligence, and insight to drive broad strategicimpact across a business. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamicbusiness environment
- Sourcing Capability: Significant experienceleading a team and driving long-term results through category strategies,levering in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levelsof a global organization.
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence,presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigateand lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels ofperformance and deliver sustainable results to the organization.
- Change Leadership: experience leading withand without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 10 + years professionalexperience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degreepreferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs