Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Senior Merchant will own the pre-season merchandise strategies for Kids Franchise business, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs, through influencing key business partners. Accountable for delivering the annual financial goals and representing the division in global leadership meetings.
Initiatives include assortment strategies, pricing architecture, bi-weekly business review, product recaps and seasonal hindsight’s, identifying business opportunities. Accountable for KB Sleep and ACC as well under management of Assistant Merchant.
Position will be based in NY/Gap HQ and will be part of the Gap Franchise Product team, partnering with North America Merchandising, Franchise Planning, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing.
What you'll do
- Works closely with NA Merchandising team to influence global product development for KIDS, focusing on both Specialty and Outlet Channels, validating global seasonal line plans meet Franchise needs
- Analyze weekly selling reports and utilize knowledge to make informed product recommendations and story tell on market trend in bi-weekly trade meetings; understand product trends, historical data and department input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks
- Build strong, commercially viable Franchise seasonal assortments with clear strategy on concepts, key items and promotional program
- End of season hindsight: recap franchise product and key partner performance
- Fully own market; from market prep with cross-functional teams (Planning, Marketing, Visual) to assortment planning to presenting/selling in assortments to franchise partners while influencing to buy most appropriate seasonal assortment to achieve targeted financial goals; to recap of adoption and opportunitiesisks for future seasons
- Manage and develop Assistant Merchant of Kids & Baby Sleep and Accesories
Who you are
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs