About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, GapTech, you will have the opportunity to support the teams that are building the next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team is on the path towards a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. You will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Senior Manager, GapTech Portfolio Finance is a critical role responsible for the financial management and resource planning of a key portion of the Gap Inc. Technology Portfolio, focused on Growth & Productivity initiatives. This position will be accountable for financial visibility to the leadership team, the management and reporting of financial goals inclusive of financial accounting, and will drive the implementation and change management of financial and operational processes across the organization. This role will work cross functionally across GapTech and will engage with all levels to ensure the delivery of strategic capabilities and successful outcomes.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of 3 in the day to day tasks of Technology Portfolio financial and resource management
- Drive the development and refinement of monthly financial forecasts that accurately reflect anticipated business performance, highlight key issues for senior management, meet Corporate requirements and accounting standards, and are aligned with brand strategy
- Leverage data in decision making and course correct as necessary
- Introduce new tools, processes, and technology to drive efficiencies that will enable the team to work better together and with external stakeholders
- Manage internal and external prioritization, resolving blockers and dependencies
- Provide financial decision making support to GapTech Leadership team, preparing presentations as required
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 5-7 years of increasing levels of Financial management experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Strong financial acumen, robust analytical and modeling skills; thorough understanding of accounting fundamentals and financial metrics
- Able to interpret and synthesize data into intelligent business recommendations, think and operate strategically, and to clearly communicate complex ideas
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrixed environment with proven influencing skills
- A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of delivery and client satisfaction
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs