About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
First-line supervisor responsible for direct supervision of multiple employees in a large, multi-faceted environment, which includes departments such as Inbound, Stocking, Picking, Sorters, and Shipping.
Primary area of focus is on employee engagement.
Trains, coaches and develops associates on efficient work methods to increase departmental productivity.
Monitors all results for the department and determines changes that are needed in procedures or conditions that could affect operating costs.
Collaborates with others on campus to plan, make decisions, and organize day-to-day operations.
We are currently looking for individuals that have held previous leadership/supervisor positions, experience in a distribution center environment, and WMS/WMOS experience, preferably using Manhattan platform.
What you'll do
- Spends approximately 75% of time on the floor with associates building relationships, coaching, teaching, developing and providing performance feedback.
Administers policies/guidelines that directly affect work activities.
Sets and communicates clear expectations for team members regarding expected productivity results.
Improves efficiency, quality and service of ongoing work by identifying process improvements and using best judgment to determine next steps for influencing change and partnering with leadership to resolve.
Builds trust with direct & indirect business partners by explaining rationale behind business processes & approach taken to decision making.
In partnership with the Resource Planning Analyst, plans and uses independent discretion to organize day-to-day operations activities/objectives. (Wave planning, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly targets and goals, shift turnover)
Who you are
- Bachelors Degree or demonstrated equivalent in related field is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of front-line supervision is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and human relation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop both self and others.
- Ability to analyze problems, create solutions, and multi-task with attention to detail.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs