About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
From cotton to customer our Global Supply Chain andProduct Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees, whosource, produce and deliver Gap Inc.’s iconic American style around the world.We retail in over 50 countries and multiple channels. We are in an exciting stageof evolution as the rules of retail are changing rapidly. It is no longerenough for supply chains and operations to be just “execution engines.” We haveto deliver real value to our growing global company in every stage of ourproduct lifecycle. We do this through the relentless pursuit of great product,consumer response, operating advantage and positive community impact.
The S&OP Manager is the primarypartner to Global Production, Allocation Strategy IM, DC and Transportationfunctions in the development and execution of inventory movement andpositioning strategies in response to business priorities. Responsible fordeveloping and executing allocation and delivery plans that maximize inventoryavailability and operating efficiencies of stores, distribution centers andcorporate facilities. S/he plans network capacity based on flow strategies and storedelivery requirements; and monitors changes to demand and degrees offlexibility from order creation through to end of life liquidation. S/he is akey partner for planning brand demand and helping operational teams to overcomerisk and prioritize investment. S/he leads the post-season operationalhindsight process and contributes to brand seasonal hindsight’s and leadscontinuous improvement efforts within the Logistics network.
What you'll do
- Function as the Supply Chain authority to market IM / Allocation teams, translating inventory ownership strategies into a recommended allocation and delivery modelto support inventory availability and in stock targets.
- Maintainongoing understanding of network capacity, Brand “share of capacity”. Partner with IM and Store Operations to set targets to maximize network utilization
- Developand manage allocation and release strategies throughout the year, includingmanagement of LRM demand queue
- Driveappropriate actions to manage network performance based on insights produced bycentralized S&OP team
- Responsibleto provide Logistics network with accurate brand forecasts based on Brandpriorities and emerging business needs. Negotiates “out of guardrails” demandprioritization and non -standard allocation and delivery needs.
- SummarizeFlow Forecasts to the divisional level
- Manageinventory balancing. Execute toggles, transfers and pull backs Centralized S&OP
- Buildthe DC level plans that rolls to the annual operating plan and unit alignmentupdates, including inbound / outbound flow forecasts and capacity managementguard rails
- Alignflow forecasts and demand forecasts with flow strategies and changing businesspriorities.
- Managesthe structured process that supports allocation and store labor planning:
- Maintainspick calendar / allocation and delivery dates
- Createsstore delivery forecast
- Managescost driving components of Service Level agreement to ensure business needs arebalanced with company’s financial targets:
- Setpacking goals and metrics to ensure fiscal targets are met
- Leadtraining & communication efforts to support Distribution best-practices andDC initiatives
- Workwith field management and operations to capture location based opportunitiesand support initiatives that affect store deliveries
- Participatein Gap, Inc. initiatives and act as brand representative to the corporation
- Effectivelynegotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs,including Global logistics operations, Market IM, Global IM, Store Planning,Store Operations, Production, Distribution, Company Planning, Store Planning,Visual, Marketing and the Field.
- Manageupward communication to divisional leadership to communicate network performanceand summarize impact of initiatives to the business
- Partnerwith Global Logistics Operations leaders to communicate business requirementsand secure alignment and support to address inventory availabilitypriorities
- Assessdivisional training needs and develop training materials to support performanceimprovement
- Collaboratewith business partners to implement process & system change when issues areidentified
- Coordinateswith other brands to leverage best-practices and constantly re-engineerallocation strategies - through process or system improvements
- Responsible for recruiting, retention and employee development plans
Who you are
- Demonstratedtalent for using analytical systems in daily work
- Expertgrasp of detail and impacts of actions
- Abilityto quickly understand Gap systems - IT, IMS, WMS, P&D, DCs
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Ableto prioritize - demonstrating logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Provenexperience managing complex project working teams - across time-zones, culturesand languages
- Bachelor’sdegree required
- 5-7years of working experience in Retail, preferably IM, planning or distributionexperience at Planner level
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs