About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
From cotton to customer our Global Supply Chain and ProductOperations organization is comprised of thousands of employees, who source,produce and deliver Gap Inc.’s iconic American style around the world. Weretail in over 50 countries and multiple channels. We are in an exciting stageof evolution as the rules of retail are changing rapidly. It is no longerenough for supply chains and operations to be just “execution engines.” We haveto deliver real value to our growing global company in every stage of ourproduct lifecycle. We do this through the relentless pursuit of great product,consumer response, operating advantage and positive community impact.
The S&OP Manager is the primary partner to Global Production, AllocationStrategy IM, Finance, DC and Transportation functions in the development andexecution of inventory movement and positioning strategies in response tobusiness priorities. Responsible for developing and executing inbound receiptplans that maximize network capacity, inventory availability and operatingefficiencies distribution centers and corporate facilities. S/he plans network capacitybased on flow strategies and store delivery requirements; and monitors changesto demand and degrees of flexibility from order creation through to end of lifeliquidation. S/he is a key partner for planning brand demand and helpingoperational teams to overcome risk and prioritize investment. S/he leads thepost-season operational hindsight process and contributes to brand seasonalhindsight’s and leads continuous improvement efforts within the Logisticsnetwork.
What you'll do
- Functionas the Supply Chain authority to market IM / Allocation teams, translatinginventory ownership strategies into a recommended allocation and delivery modelto support inventory availability and in stock targets.
- Maintainongoing understanding of network capacity, Brand “share of capacity”. Partnerwith IM to set targets to maximize network utilization
- Developand manage inbound strategies throughout the year
- Driveappropriate actions to manage network performance based on insights produced bycentralized S&OP team
- Responsibleto provide Logistics network with accurate brand forecasts based on Brandpriorities and emerging business needs. Negotiates “out of guardrails” demandprioritization and non-standard allocation and delivery needs.
- SummarizeFlow Forecasts to the divisional level
- Manageinventory balancing. Execute toggles, transfers and pull backs in partnershipwith Centralized S&OP
- Buildthe DC level plans that rolls to the annual operating plan and unit alignmentupdates, including inbound / outbound flow forecasts and capacity managementguard rails
- Alignflow forecasts and demand forecasts with flow strategies and changing businesspriorities.
- Managescost driving components of Service Level agreement to ensure business needs arebalanced with company’s financial targets:
- Setpacking goals and metrics to ensure fiscal targets are met
- Leadtraining & communication efforts to support Distribution best-practices andDC initiatives
- Workwith field management and operations to capture location based opportunitiesand support initiatives that affect store deliveries
- Participatein Gap, Inc. initiatives and act as brand representative to the corporation
- Effectivelynegotiate and influence cross-functional teams to support business needs,including Global logistics operations, Market IM, Global IM, Store Planning,Store Operations, Production, Distribution, Company Planning, Store Planning,Visual, Marketing and the Field.
- Manageupward communication to divisional leadership to communicate network performanceand summarize impact of initiatives to the business
- Partnerwith Global Logistics Operations leaders to communicate business requirementsand secure alignment and support to address inventory availabilitypriorities
- Assessdivisional training needs and develop training materials to support performanceimprovement
- Collaboratewith business partners to implement process & system change when issues areidentified
- Coordinatewith other brands to leverage best-practices and constantly re-engineerallocation strategies - through process or system improvements
- Responsiblefor recruiting, retention and employee development plans
Who you are
- Stronganalytical and problem solving skills
- Detailoriented with strong organizational skills
- Provenability to develop and apply analytic solutions to solve business problems anddeliver operational improvement
- Expertgrasp of detail and impacts of actions
- Abilityto quickly understand Gap systems - IT, IMS, WMS, P&D, DCs
- Strongknowledge and proficiency in Excel modeling
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills
- Ableto prioritize - demonstrating logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Provenexperience managing complex project working teams - across time-zones, culturesand languages
- Bachelor’sdegree required
- 5-7years of working experience in Retail, preferably IM, planning or distributionexperience at Planner level
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs