About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
At GapTech, we are passionate about delivering great customer experiences utilizing cutting edge technologies through lean development practices. As we continue evolve our platform capabilities, the Software Engineer, UI would have a passion for delivering value to our customers and a strong emphasis on quality and sustainability. The ideal candidate is experienced in using established engineering and design principles to drive and maintain agility in the codebase. We’re looking for someone who has experience & passion for front-end technologies, delivering solutions within dynamic teams, & producing something spectacular. GapTech is a place where you can flex your imagination in engineering industry leading customer experiences that are reliable and scalable.
What you'll do
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 3 years software development experience, 2 years of which are specific to front-end (UI) technologies.
- Understand & are in web security, cross-site scripting (XSS).
- Currently building a thorough expertise in development and the delivery of front-end (UI) based software solutions including testing strategies.
- Has worked on NodeJS-based technologies, containerization, cloud platforms.
- Keen on accessibility – WCAG 2.0 AA compliance or higher.
- Holds a minimum B.A./B.S in Computer Science or related at an accredited college or university.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs