About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
GapTech is looking for a Sr. QA Lead/Sr Manager to take on the ownership for the Workforce Management Product and also provide overall leadership and guidance to all of Stores QA engineering team members. The Stores Engineering team is responsible for building the next generation technologies that will be deployed in 3000+ Stores across North America, Asia Pacific and Europe across all the brands of Old Navy, Gap, Athleta, and Banana Republic. You will have an opportunity to define the quality process, define quality metrics and ensure the releases meet the quality criteria.
What you'll do
- Own the software test automation arch and review test automation code and solutions, identify deficiencies and proactively recommends best practice technical solutions.
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines including Managers, Architects, Developers. You will participate in program level, project level, and technical governance decision making and execution
- Define metrics to measure the performance of releases, build consensus with teams and hold the development teams accountable.
- Explore ways to continuously improve quality, delivery, and innovation of our processes and solutions.
- Ensure that the user requirements are addressed via component, sub-system and system verification and validation plans.
- Develop ad-hoc product level testing in order to induce unintended failures and drive improvements in the design and/or manufacturing process.
- Drive the cross functional team and deliver solutions to complex problems through in-depth data analysis and forensics by using methodical approaches, along with experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information.
Who you are
- BSEE or BSCE (Computer Engineering) degree, or related
- 10+ years of experience in an engineering and/or quality role
- Has deep understanding of system level technology and integrated software and usability
- Knowledgeable with statistical tools essential to analysis of quality data; built an expertise in hardware and software testing techniques and approaches
- Familiar with CI/CD process and tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Strong communication skills; able to articulate directions and influence
- Self-motivated/self-directed with ability to set priorities in line with business needs
- MSEE or MSCE degree and/or Certification in Quality Engineering preferred
- Experience testing iOS and/or Android mobile devices highly preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs