Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Thisposition supports Company Planning for Gap Specialty North America stores, includingdeveloping the annual operating budget & monthly forecast for sales, grossmargin, and inventory metrics, while also helping drive profitable in-seasoninventory management.
Partner with cross-functional teams to developsales and inventory targets for North America Speciality stores that support thecompany’s Annual Operating Plan.
Develop pre-season and in-season forecasts that influencecommercial plan decision-making to maximize inventory productivity and top-linesales/margin while clearly communicating risks and opportunities to the companyforecast
Deliver credible forecasts grounded in commercialactivities and inventory positions, with related Reg & Markdown and saleslever forecasts.
Deliver consistent and compelling weekly businessupdates that provide concise, fact-based diagnostics regarding businessperformance, thereby facilitating timely decision-making.
Supports the completion, submission, and accuracyof monthly corporate forecast.
Keep business partners updated on emerging issuesand company strategies and direction.
Partner with other members of Company Planning teamto refine tools and processes and improve the overall effectiveness of theorganization.
Take initiative and explore ways to betterunderstand competitors, industry performance and macro-economic trends asrelevant for development of financial plans.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus. 3-5 yearsof work experience, preferably with inventory management or retail planning andforecasting experience.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills,including ability to formulate business strategy
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiplepriorities and workload in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships andinfluence decision-making
- Self-motivated: able to make quick, calculateddecisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, andPowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Essbaseexperience a plus.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs