We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
We are seeking a highly organized, seasoned stylist with a strong styling point-of-view and current knowledge of seasonal fashion and active trends. The focus of this position is to create highly compelling, visual presentations of Athleta’s merchandise through creative styling internally and execute the brand styling, to the highest level, during omni location photo shoots.
Overall, we are looking for a self-motivated stylist, who works well under pressure and can thrive in a creative atmosphere of rapid growth!
What you'll do
- Lead location stylist for all omni location photography: women + girl division
- Includes domestic and international travel.
- Lead stylist for all omni location style outs. This consists of running high-level complex meetings, managing freelance assistants, working with cross-functional partners regarding samples, close communication with production and art direction on logistics + creative vison, and lead over style sheet execution + packing of samples + props (carnet included).
- Note: we have an in-house assistant stylist that will input style sheets and execute packing.
- Assist the Senior Stylist, and occasionally style, in media projects – campaign photo shoots, fashion shows, etc.
- Manage all props and accessories with our assistant stylist: seasonally research, procure, organize and present to creative leads for approval. Additionally, manage and maintain the location seasonal budget.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive landscape and fashion trends. Pull inspirational imagery to support seasonal big ideas, current trends and competitive analysis on a regular basis.
- Continually innovate and evolve the way we bring product photography to life through creative styling.
- Seasonally hindsight work and suggest solves for upcoming seasons – including in-office meetings and on-location processes.
- Participate in seasonal planning meetings.
- Management of our sample coordinator. This will include advisement on the following: calendar management, prioritization of sample needs, cross-functional partnerships and communication
- Work closely with our in-house assistant stylist – provide clear direction and support growth.
- Manage fit models scheduling for styling meetings – assistant stylist to book
- Develop crucial partnerships with key cross-functional members to concept outfitting and organize product + accessories for all omni location photography needs.
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University, preferable
2+ years of experience as a lead stylist - with a background in location photo shoots
Strong styling point-of-view with a meticulous eye for detail, high level of accuracy, visual composition and editing
Ability to take direction and open + receptive to constant feedback
Multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced, creative work environment
Well organized, productivity-focused and detail-orientated
Quick problem solver with a high sense of urgency
Demonstrates ability to oversee multiple projects at one time + ability to quickly prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines
Ability to gracefully handle last minute changes, additions to schedules and changes in direction
Comfortable in a culture of continuous change and growth
Willingness to ask questions and seek solutions
Bandwidth to take on additional business critical projects as they arise
Strong verbal and leadership skills
Proficient in MS Office programs + Creative Suites is a plus
For consideration, please include link to portfolio/website/Instagram, or attach images of your stylist work.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs