About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
From cotton to customer our Global Supply Chain and Product Operations organization is comprised of thousands of employees, who source, produce and deliver Gap Inc.’s iconic American style around the world. We retail in over 50 countries and multiple channels. We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of retail are changing rapidly. It is no longer enough for supply chains and operations to be just “execution engines.” We have to deliver real value to our growing global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. We do this through the relentless pursuit of great product, consumer response, operating advantage and positive community impact.
This role on Gap Inc's Supply Chain Product Management team helps identify, evaluate and optimize the Global Supply Chain by identifying opportunities, developing strategies across multiple brands and functions, delivering Gap Inc. value through the enablement of technology in support of our strategic goals. The ideal candidate will have strong product management competencies with a passion for the global supply chain processes and thought leadership abilities to innovate, and deliver highly scalable, reliable, and sustainable solutions across the enterprise. Key qualifications include:
What you'll do
- Ability to lead product management and deliver business capabilities through technology enablement.
- Build consensus across the portfolio of brands (Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix) to support strategic initiatives
- Drive business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations end to end across the supply chain.
- As a key member of the product management team, own and drive opportunity assessments, definition development, monitoring and implementation of product roadmaps end to end.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions to clearly articulate and drive customer Journeys, experience and value addition.
- Results oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
- Lead cross functional projects to support supply chain process optimization end to end. This includes driving the project management, thought leadership, solution innovation and change management identifying process improvement opportunities, key issues, development of conclusions and implementation plans supported with qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Who you are
- 8 plus years of experience in strategy, supply chain/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar roles
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Excellent critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data.
- Proficient at project management and senior management communication.
- Ability to drive and execute process analysis
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Experience working on enabling business capabilities through technology enablement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Experience with retail/consumer goods supply chains
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Decision Science, Operations or related analytic field.
- MBA or Masters preferred in related field.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs