About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying key business trends to support senior management decision making and communication to the board of directors. This role offers the opportunity to influence major strategic decisions by analyzing and creating supporting materials for presentations to key stakeholders. Processes supported include: Financial Reporting, Risk and Opportunity Assessment, Forecasting and Inventory Line of Credit.
What you'll do
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis and scenario modeling in support of VP of Finance and CFO
- Provide financial and decision-support analytics to executive leadership to support key business decisions
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value added enhancements
- Engage in short-term and long-term strategic planning, evaluating current and future opportunities at the Gap Inc. and the Brand level
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information and reports, share best practices and develop systems knowledge
- Prepare presentations, supporting exhibits and analytics for executive leadership teams, Investor Relations and the Board of Directors
Who you are
This person must be able to function in a fast-paced environment with evolving business needs
Strong financial background; exceptional analytical and modeling skills; working knowledge of financial statements
Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data and clearly communicate complex ideas
Strong organizational, project and time management skills
Results oriented with keen attention to detail; Ability to work independently
Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, Math or related field; MBA or CPA is a plus
3-4+ years of working experience; Hyperion Essbase (or similar database systems) experience is a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs