About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director International Tax will report to the Sr. Director of International Tax and be a member of a worldwide finance team that strives to be best-in-class. The successful candidate will join the HQ team based in San Francisco as a subject matter expert for US international elements of the Company’s corporate income tax. Creating and implementing planning strategies to help minimize the company's financial tax rate, reduce tax impact in P&L and reduce its cash tax expense. Monitoring US and international tax developments and modeling the impact - informing key stakeholders accordingly. Managing and supporting US and international tax audits will be an essential part of this role. They will be leading international tax planning and structuring projects including corporate acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations, operational initiatives and other corporate led projects, managing tax due diligence and integration for M&A transactions, coordinating with the Director of Tax Provision and reviewing quarterly and annual Income Tax Provision and Deferred Tax required for consolidated financial reporting, reviewing third party agreements and recommending alternative transactional structures to minimize U.S. and International tax liabilities and reviewing intercompany agreements to support transfer pricing initiatives.
What you'll do
Provide tax technical direction, advisory services and coordination in developing and implementing international tax strategies for assigned regions and functional areas, coordinating with other Directors and business partners.
Participate in the international tax planning initiatives to determine the impact of new initiatives on Gap operating strategies, coordinating with other Directors and business partners.
Manage selected international tax audits, develop appropriate positions and strategies, and engage in negotiations necessary to achieve resolution.
Provide technical assistance to the Director of International Tax Compliance on US tax reporting for foreign subsidiaries including Form 5471s and 1118, maintaining E&P and tax pools, analyzing US inclusion amounts, GILTI and FDII and local tax compliance issues.
Provide high level review and identify, research and analyze new issues related to international tax compliance area.
Provide high level review of technical support for quarterly and year-end tax provision calculation relating to international operations for SEC and local statutory financials.
Provide guidance to tax teams in relation to transfer pricing issues
Who you are
- Extensive knowledge of US federal income taxation as it relates to international (cross-border) transactions. Plus tax planning strategies, and international taxation in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and Canada.
- Significant experience in ASC 740 financial reporting for international tax matters, including Subpart F, repatriation of foreign earnings, foreign tax credits and valuation allowance analysis.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and financial analysis skills required to convey the tax impact of complex technical issues to senior management and non-tax business partners.
- Proven ability to integrate strategic business objectives with overall tax strategies.
- Strong training and people development skills.
- In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, one or more of the following a plus; - CPA, MST, JD, LLM – Taxation.
- Minimum 15 years tax experience including at least 10 years in international tax. Big 4 experience a plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs