Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
We’re looking for intelligent, data-driven professionals to join our Product Strategy & Market Insights team to advance our analytic capabilities around understanding the competitive environment, customer behavior, and key growth opportunities across our product categories, markets, and channels. As a Manager of Analytics, you will be responsible for contributing to how we source, synthesize, and leverage external data sources (global industry/market data, consumer data, etc.) to inform internal decisions.
What you'll do
- Influence the organization’s decision making by providing compelling, intuitive, and actionable views of market & competitor insights, consumer insights, macro trend insights, and internal performance analysis
- Principally responsible for managing & continuously improving external analytics from a wide range of data sources, both quantitative and qualitative. Will also serve as a thought partner and provider of select internal analytics when needed.
- Build & continuously improve our approach to leveraging global market data to improve internal decision making around growth opportunities & category strategies, both at a global level and a market/channel level
- Maintain market share dashboards which provide high level benchmarking
- Synthesize key market trends & growth opportunities that emerge from the data, to ensure business owners have a pulse on the external environment
- Drive relationships with external data providers to ensure continuous improvement in data quality
- Using multiple external data sources, build a scalable approach to competitive benchmarking for product assortments & marketing activities
- Identify patterns over time to identify how the competitive environment is evolving
- Partner with other internal analytic teams to drive towards more intelligent & intuitive future reporting, with the end goal of making the organization more intelligent and equipped to make better decisions
- Leveraged all aforementioned analytic tools & insights to influence long range strategies across products, markets, and channels.
Who you are
- Strong interest in and knowledge of retail industry, preferably with some experience in apparel
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills
- Very strong project and process management skills
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as MS Excel, MS Access, & Power BI.
- Experience with data visualization preferred, but not required
- 2-3 years of professional work experience, preferably within retail/consumer industry and/or consulting
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs