About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Brand Loyalty Marketing team drives the loyalty strategy within each of the Gap brands. With a focus on building customer retention and long-term value, they oversee the launch and execution of marketing initiatives that must be integrated into each brand’s commercial planning calendar and support the brand’s overall marketing objectives. They serve as the primary point of contact for loyalty initiatives and are directly embedded in the brand teams to provide a seamless connection to brand stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this team must have strong communication and influencing skills, as well as the ability to drive strategic initiatives across multiple cross-functional teams.
What you'll do
- Develops omnichannel and channel specific loyalty marketing strategies to drive loyalty engagement metrics and deliver against brand objectives in partnership with Brand Loyalty Director
- Develops and delivers creative briefs. Oversees development of comprehensive loyalty marketing campaigns with assets across multiple platforms; maintains oversight to ensure creative is on-strategy and on-brand, partnering with cross-functional teams and brand stakeholders to ensure seamless execution
- Learns, leverages and optimizes multiple marketing vehicles to create strong integrated marketing campaigns with consistency across touchpoints
- Represents loyalty in cross-functional meetings, partnering with key brand teams to ensure alignment, cohesive strategy and execution for loyalty integration across channels
- Partners closely with Store Engagement team to support acquisition strategies, promos and marketing material creation
- Analyzes and interprets financial data to inform hindsight, in-season traction and strategy in partnership with Business Analysis team:
- Conducts weekly, quarterly and annual reporting, tracking campaign program performance and progress by channel to optimize and increase response
- Visualizes data and builds stories to report campaign and program results
- Partners with appropriate L&P team members to report and communicate results to stakeholders and cross-functional partners
- Leverages hindsights and data to innovate offer strategies and create project plans/structures for test initiatives across target audiences, communication vehicles, seasonality etc. to optimize ROI in partnership with L&P Finance and Business Analysis teams
- Aligns with key business partners throughout organization on L&P program goals and initiatives; drives for collaboration, integration and shared accountability
- Manages budgeting, open and close POs, forecasting and actualizing costs
- Manages offer strategy with brands and banking partner
- Finds ways to educate customers on loyalty program to grow program engagement
- Helps team members build partnerships and navigate through L&P organization
Who you are
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in traditional CRM or direct marketing (email, credit card, or loyalty marketing)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to glean insights from data and develop a story
- Experience using logic and methods to solve difficult problems and derive effective solutions; experience in building marketing test scenarios is a plus
- Ability to organize and manage multiple detail-oriented projects and to meet deadlines
- Proven skill in leading and working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., IT, International, Brands, Creative, vendor partners etc.) in support of specific business priorities
- Strategic thinker with the ability to leverage large data sets to make data-driven decisions; experience with BI or Microstrategy platforms is a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and cloud sharing platforms (i.e. Google Drive, Sharepoint)
- Past credit card, retail, or agency experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
- Organized, self-starter, strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively and build strong relationships with business partners
- Positive attitude and ability to manage change, thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and brings structure to ambiguous situations
- Quick learner with ability to develop working knowledge of multiple marketing platforms
- Customer-centric mindset
- Proactive with strong project and program management skills; able to multi-task and work autonomously and as part of a team
- Solution oriented with ability to digest, understand and speak to complex marketing campaigns
- Looks beyond obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer
- Can delve into data to identify trends, wins and opportunities to inform future strategy – can find the story that the data is telling and communicate the story to leaders and cross-functional partners
- Ability to think big picture and be a visionary/idea generator, leading program vision and planning while getting involved in the details of actual execution and management
- Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create process where there isn’t one
- Results-oriented, timeliness, attention to detail, with a willingness to shift plans as necessary to meet goals
- Curiosity, desire to learn and a hyper-focus on iterative testing to optimize campaigns and build actionable learnings
- Can show up as a subject matter expert in loyalty amongst leaders and cross-functional partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and stay focused/calm, while showing strong attention to detail and delivering flawlessly & accurately
- Growth mindset, willing to run through walls to deliver. Can adjust style to various teams and leaders
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs