About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Loyalty Business Analysis team sits within the Loyalty Strategy team, serving as a shared resource across the Loyalty & Payments team, supporting loyalty strategy by assessing weekly performance, analyzing campaign performance, portfolio trending, forecasting efforts, and gleaning customer level insights to support deeper segmentation opportunities.
What you'll do
- Manages team responsible for assessing loyalty customer performance, analyzing campaign performance and identifying portfolio level trends and forecasting.
- Partners closely with internal Customer and Data Analytics and external banking/loyalty partners to:
- Identify customer-level insights to inform customer segmentation opportunities and loyalty strategy decisions
- Productize reporting needs, establishing repeatable and scalable dashboards and reporting mechanisms to empower L&P teams
- Establish , manage, and prioritize a Loyalty & Payments reporting roadmap, ensuring data integrity and actionable reporting offerings
- Performs complex analyses, leveraging multiple data sources, to generate data-driven insight and recommendations in business-friendly language
- Regularly partners with Customer Data & Analytics team to identify testing strategies, including the definition of test and control groups and KPI’s for on-going L&P initiatives
- Capable of building analytical models to guide strategic decision-making and identification of opportunities across L&P
- Works with L&P Brand and Finance teams on establishing processes to ensure accurate weekly, monthly, seasonal, and yearly forecasting efforts grounded in customer trends, portfolio performance and commercial plans
- Oversees multi-person team of Loyalty Business Analysts
- Supports direct reports through consistent coaching, vision, guidance and honest developmental feedback, and ensures development plans are in place
- Provides thought leadership to team and helps to problem solve around key strategic decisions
- Helps team members build partnerships and navigate through L&P and larger Gap Inc. organization
- Highly collaborative and empathetic partner that can balance needs of multiple teams with greater L&P objectives
Who you are
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in strategy, consulting, loyalty, marketing, ecommerce or related field analyzing multi-channel marketing programs or supporting detailed forecasting
- Previous experience with customer segmentation or gleaning insights and making recommendations based off customer level data and performance
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while also maintaining oversight of direct reports
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly growing business environment with competing priorities by organizing and self-prioritizing work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to glean insights, visualize data, tell a story, and influence strategic direction across the business.
- Experience using logic and methods to solve difficult problems and derive effective solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects and to meet deadlines
- Strong financial acumen and analytical rigor with advanced knowledge of Excel; knowledge of data access methods a plus
- Past credit card, retail, or loyalty experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
- Customer-centric mindset
- Organized, self-starter, strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively and build strong relationships with business partners.
- Ability to think strategically/globally and big picture about issues and opportunities to properly assess impact of business, while leading a team to execute
- Positive attitude and ability to manage change, thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and brings structure to ambiguous situations
- Proactive and innovative leader, who regularly challenges the status quo
- Results-oriented with a willingness to shift plans as necessary to meet goals
- Ability to influence at the senior leader level with cross-functional partners and stakeholders
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs