We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Digital Marketing Manager – Web Marketing is responsible for on-site digital marketing including planning, execution, and reporting of seasonal and branded and promotional marketing content and partners closely with the Director, Production and Director, Web Merchandising to ensure web merchandising and website innovation initiatives are supported.
This role partners closely with Web Production and Merchandising, Brand Marketing, Merchandising, Creative, and Consumer Insights.
This role reports to the Sr. Manager – Web Marketing.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute web marketing content that supports Athleta’s marketing and merchandising strategies with the goal of driving customer acquisition, loyalty, engagement and achieving sales goals.
- Partner with Senior Manager, Web Content Marketing, digital production and creative teams to drive website marketing strategy from preseason planning to in-season execution.
- Effectively write and kick off marketing briefs with consideration for user experience, and merchandising and brand marketing priorities.
- QA site marketing content for proper linking and tracking.
- Support Gap Inc. goals by increasing omnichannel engagement and cross brand shopping behaviors.
- Manage marketing analysis and hindsighting of key marketing content by pulling data from analytics tool, analyzing metrics and trends, making recommendations based on the data, and sharing with all levels of the organization.
- Identify opportunities for marketing A/B tests and partner with cross-functional teams to execute.
- Drive App strategy including marketing content and push notifications.
Who you are
- Experience in developing and executing marketing plans, writing marketing briefs and other strategic marketing documents (seasonal briefs).
- Persuasive communicator that understands how to effectively balance various points of view, influence others, and find common ground that drives meaningful results
- Strategic thinker with the ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Flexible, team player with experience in leading a small, independent working team.
- Ability to analyze data and extract relevant and actionable insights. Adobe Analytics experience a plus.
Strong knowledge of and comfort/desire to use Microsoft Excel required.
- Passion for the customer and retail/fashion industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-6 years of related marketing experience, online marketing experience preferred.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs