INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
The Assistant Art Director is responsible for conceptualizing and executing on-brand creative, collateral and communications content as well as special projects. In this role, the Assistant Art Director will work closely with the Art Director and Sr. Art Director to develop and implement unique, creative and innovative concepts and design strategies across the full spectrum of visual content.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Art Director to execute all phases of the creative project lifecycle to develop compelling unique assets (brand imagery, studio and location shoots, digital marketing, and still life imagery)
- Ensuring content is consistent and aligned with the brand's aesthetic and marketing messages
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners to continuously evolve the INTERMIX brand
- Seek innovative ways to incorporate movement, video and animation in the shots to maximize visual impact
- Interpret and translate key seasonal stories into content
- Translate target audience’s needs, motivating factors, into concepts for compelling interactions and experiences
Who you are
- 2 years of experience of Art Direction in fashion photography on model (studio & location)
- Strong layout and typography skills, great attention to detail with at least 3 years of experience in Graphic Design (print and digital)
- Experience in luxury fashion & motion graphic design experience a plus
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Ability to produce designs and layouts in InDesign
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Successfully able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Benefits at Intermix
- A generous merchandise discount on select designers at Intermix and 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs