About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Job Prepare US tax reporting for foreign subsidiaries including Form 5471s, 8858s and 1118s. Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 740 income tax provision and ASC 740-10 analysis for controlled foreign corporations. Compile data and assist with the preparation of Transfer Pricing documentation, including preparation of country-by-country reporting and Form 8975, drafting intercompany agreements and maintaining a real-time intercompany agreement database. Compile data for completion of foreign country tax returns and local financial statements. Assist with tax audits related to foreign subsidiaries by responding to questionnaires, providing requested information and communicating with tax agencies on a timely manner. Assist with research projects, tax planning and corporate initiatives as necessary by performing detailed calculations including E&P studies, FTC analysis, tax pool analysis, and intercompany transaction analysis. Utilize technology including CorpTax tax software to improve tax process and achieve tax automation. Develop strong organizational skills by coordinating tax projects with various departments on a regular basis.
Who you are
Education: Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related field and 2 years of experience in international tax in an accounting firm, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company.
Experience and/or education must include:
1. GILTI, FDII and §965;
2. Foreign taxation laws including jurisdictions of China, Hong Kong, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico;
3. ASC 740 and U.S. federal taxation;
4. RIA Checkpoint, BNA, and Power Point Presentations;
5. Section 482 regulations and OECD/BEPS reporting guidelines;
6. Preparing transfer pricing documentation, intercompany transactions, and legal agreements;
7. MS Office and CorpTax system, Oracle, HFM and Essbase; and
8. Effective interaction with non-tax business partners related to international tax matters.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.