About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a part of our technology organization, GapTech, you will have the opportunity to support the teams that are building the next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team is on the path towards a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. You will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
Gap Inc.’s Supply Chain Logistics Business Systems Support team helps optimize the Gap Inc. Supply Chain by providing high touch, personalized, proactive support post implementation of warehouse management and material handling solutions, and improving our processes to operate efficiently and in support of our strategic goals.
The person in this position will be instrumental in delivering omni-channel logistics capabilities that become a foundation for our strategic platform across all channels and geographies supporting a fast, efficient, and cost effective global network strategy.
The primary purpose of the Logistics Business Engagement team is to enable adoption and sustainability of capabilities delivered to the Distribution and Fulfillment Centers (DC) via GapTech Product teams, while supporting continuity and productivity of DC Operations. The primary focus of this role is to build strong relationships and partner with key stakeholders in DC Operations, Brand Operations and CSSC; provide functional and technical guidance to his/her direct reports and business partners; ensure timely and consistent communication regarding high priority product issues; and drive resolution of functional and technical issues that are impacting business. This role involves the planning, conducting and directing of the analyses and resolution of business problems that may or may not be solved using technology. Provides assistance and expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing business and process understanding or procedures. Works closely with Product Management and Technology functions to provide insights about the business operations, processes or procedures that can assist DC Operations in performing their various functions. The Director role is responsible for the management and growth of multiple onsiteemote teams responsible for providing support for all DCs and their related applications. This leadership role is also the escalation point for stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Leading a team of onsite support resources across the DC network
- Creating effective relationships with DC Operations Management,Supervisors, and maintenance; Brand Operations and Finance business partners
- Communication of status and progress on resolution for key business impacting issues to DC Operations, Brand, Finance and Project leadership
- Leading the resolution management of high impact issues based on understanding of business impact and align prioritization with PdM and DevOps
- Influencing prioritization of hot fixes and bug fixes in Product Team backlog to minimize impact on business operations
- Development and Publishing Month End Reporting to support hindsight of process & technical issues, fixes and actions with DevOps and PDM teams; and forward planning, status of critical capabilities
- Partnering with the business and product management teams to identify opportunities in current systems and process, and provide a direct feedback loop to inform continuous improvement to maximize returns on application development efforts
- Leading peak readiness activities and managing escalations throughout the year and especially during peak
- Refining the problem management process to ensure timely resolution of core defects,
- Continuous improvement of the incident management process to ensure accurate capture of the issue, timely resolution by the support teams
- Continuous improvement of the end to end support process: communication, problem management, end to end monitoring, product development life cycle, role clarity, release management process
- Bringing together business and tech and/or multiple tech functions to align and bring all to right outcome in quickly resolving issues (not all issues can be solved via technology)
- Involvement with PdM, DC Engineering, L&D and DevOps teams on business readiness activities in preparation for delivery of new capabilities (i.e. – 4-wall testing, post production validation)
- Coordination with Release Management on the GapTech change management process and ensure deployments and planned outages across Products align with DC business calendars and milestones; participate in weekly release planning calls
- Post production resource planning to ensure knowledge transfer and onsite staffing in place post production, during hypercare, stabilization, steady state and peak
Who you are
- BA/BS with emphasis in related field (finance, economics, business, mathematics, communications, operations, supply chain management, information systems)
- 10+ years plus of work experience with minimum of 3+ years in working with Distribution/Fulfillment Centers
- Knowledge of supply chain distribution domain utilizing advance material handling equipment (unit sorter, carton sorter, ASRS, put-to-light, etc.)
- Experience leading matrixed teams and managing work activities in a dynamic environment across cross-functional teams to achieve objectives
- Experience with effective communication across multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience on projects with complex scope and system & process implementations a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs