About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Strategy team works front and center in defining the best path forward for our company. Through focus on the customer, rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we directly impact the strategic direction of our portfolio of brands. Our team is responsible for: Defining and evolving of our overall corporate strategy, Identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities and Strategic design of pricing architecture
Our team reports to the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy and provides strategic support to our CEO and Sr Leadership team. We partner with C-level functional leads and Brand Presidents, as well as other Senior leaders across the company.
What you'll do
- Drive critical projects to advance our priorities and growth
- Partner with your team on key strategic initiatives, including special projects for the CEO and Leadership Team
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, including synthesizing data, setting-up models, and performing market and competitive research
- Work cross-brand and cross-functionally to drive impact
- Synthesize findings and present results of your work to team members, business partners, and Gap executives
Who you are
- MBA student with one year or less to graduate
- Ability to problem-solve and think strategically, developing hypotheses and translating complex ideas into structured output
- Strong written and oral communications
- Ability and willingness to collaborate effectively—a true team player
- Analytical and modeling skills, with ability to collect, organize and analyze large sets of data efficiently and effectively
- Self-starting and independent working style—able to define workplans, drive work, and report on status
- Interest in retail and apparel industry
- 2-4+ years of professional work experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm or in Corporate/Business Strategy
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs