About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Ecommerce Supply Chain Operations will play a crucial role in accelerating the growth of Gap Inc. brands’ online businesses around the world. We partner with supply chain, product and brand leadership to enable Gap Inc’s online businesses to deliver on their commercial targets and support the development of a best in class fulfillment experience for our ecommerce customers. This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in strategy and business operations, requiring a mix of analysis, logistics, IM, change management, cross-functional leadership and project management. We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership, partnership, operational and analytical skills who is passionate about working cross-functionally to solve some of Gap Inc’s most interesting and challenging problems.
The Senior Manager is a key partner to supply chain operations, brand operations, product management and brand partners in the development and execution of existing and new operational processes, tools, strategies and capabilities to drive business priorities and a better fulfillment experience for our ecommerce customers. As part of the Ecommerce Brand Operations team covering all brands and markets, s/he works to prioritize and deliver solutions that “grow the whole pie” rather than focus on one slice of the business.
What you'll do
- Serve as the fulfillment authority to brandOnline/Finance/Company Planning teams, in conjunction with Ecommerce OperationsDirector, translating customer demand strategies into a recommended customerdelivery model that can be supported by DC operations
- Serve as the “connective tissue” driving alignment andcommunication among supply chain functions (DC operations, transportation,analytics, contact center, product, tech) that serve ecommerce fulfillment,including leading weekly meetings and ad hoc communications
- Partners with finance and brand stakeholders to driveconsensus and operationalize commercial plans for one or more brands. Identifies and escalates risks as appropriate.
- Maintain regular and detailed end-to-end reporting from onlineinbound inventory to outbound fulfillment/delivery, proactively identifying/investigatingissues and improvement opportunities and then driving to solutions
- Partner with product management and business intelligence indevelopment of new, automated reporting tools and dashboards, providingbusiness insight into use cases, data relevance and data visualization
- Be ready to independently drive ad hoc ‘80/20’ analysis, aswell as more rigorous and extensive business modelling (backlog modelling,financial modelling) as needed
- Lead critical holiday readiness initiatives to ensuresuccessful ecommerce fulfillment during Gap Inc’s busiest and most criticalseason
- Model network health as it relates to brand inventory, demand,and facility capacity, making recommendations to maximize growth and mitigaterisk
- Accountable for holiday readiness among supply chainfunctions supporting the ecommerce business
- Maintain ongoing understanding of omnichannel (ex. ship-from-store)operations, partnering with brand and supply chain partners to assess impact ofomnichannel on ecommerce fulfillment for a brand
- Regularly support special projects related to ecommercefulfillment for Gap Inc’s brands globally, typically working cross-functionally.Examples could include new packaging launch, new delivery option launch,assessment and implementation of third party solutions
- Effectively negotiate and influence cross-functional teams to supportbusiness needs, including DC Operations, Transportation, Advanced Analytics, CompanyPlanning, Marketing and Production
- Manage senior-level communication to global supply chain and brandleadership to communicate network performance and summarize impact ofinitiatives to the business
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationshipsto collaborate or gain buy-in on analysis and process recommendations
- Assess cross-functional training needs and develop materials to supportperformance improvement
- Collaborate with business partners to implement process & systemchange when issues are identified
Who you are
- 7-10 years of totalexperience, including 3+ years in logistics management
- Experience in ecommercefulfillment or operations a plus
- Demonstratedability of managing operational details and execution, while also understandingbig picture
- Deep experiencewith quantitative analysis and modelling, creative problem solving, and complexcross-functional project management
- Ability to workin ambiguous environments, bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability todevelop and maintain effective business relationships and influencecross-functional leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with retailtechnology systems (IMS, WMS, etc.) and/or aptitude to learn
- Bachelor’s degree required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs