About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Central Ecommerce team partners with supply chain, product and brandleadership to enable Gap Inc’s online businesses to deliver on their commercialtargets and support the development of a best in class fulfillment experiencefor our ecommerce customers. Rather than focus on one brand or one geography,the team supports all of Gap Inc’s online brands and markets, and plays a keyrole in prioritizing and delivering solutions that “grow the whole pie.” Straddlingtraditional functions in business operations and strategy, successful teammembers are able to flex skills across analytics, strategy development,cross-functional leadership and project management.
The Senior Analyst of Ecommerce Supply Chain Operations & Strategywill own key aspects of reporting and analytics for the team. S/he will providecrucial visibility to performance metrics across ecommerce fulfillment, workwith product management and business intelligence to build new dashboards andreports and deep dive into the data to identify opportunities to improve thecustomer experience and increase the bottom line. A high degree of comfort inExcel, SQL and Microsoft Power BI is mandatory, along with a strong appetiteand aptitude for learning new data systems.
The Senior Analyst will also support the Director in broader ecommercefulfillment activities including Holiday Readiness initiatives and ad hoc /special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you'll do
- Maintain detailed daily reporting for online fulfillment onDC and fulfillment health, owning daily communications within Global SupplyChain
- Proactively identify and investigate issues and improvementopportunities within reporting, and then drive to implementation of solutions
- Partner with product management and business intelligence inevolving and developing new, automated reporting tools and dashboards,providing business insight into use cases, data relevance and datavisualization
- Serve as a data and reporting authority to online brandteams, in conjunction with Central Ecommerce Director, translating supply chainmetrics into impact to the business and vice versa
- Serve as the “connective tissue” driving metrics and dashboardalignment and communication among supply chain functions (DC operations,transportation, analytics, contact center, product, tech) that serve ecommercefulfillment, including supporting weekly calls and ad hoc communications
- Be ready to independently drive ad hoc ‘80/20’ analysis, aswell as more rigorous and extensive business modelling (backlog modelling,financial modelling) as needed
- Support Director on critical holiday readiness initiativesto ensure successful ecommerce fulfillment during Gap Inc’s busiest and mostcritical season
- Be ready to support and/or drive special projects related toecommerce fulfillment for Gap Inc’s brands globally, typically workingcross-functionally. Examples could include new packaging launch, new deliveryoption launch, assessment and implementation of third party solutions.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experiencein an Analytics or Strategy role
- Experience in ecommercefulfillment or operations a plus
- Demonstratedability of managing operational details and execution, while also understandingthe big picture
- Experience withquantitative analysis and modelling, as well as creative problem solving
- High degree of comfort in Excel, SQL andMicrosoft Power BI. Strong appetite and aptitude for learning new data systems.
- Ability to workin ambiguous environments, bring structure, prioritize and drive to results
- Proven ability todevelop and maintain effective business relationships and influencecross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs