About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Analyst, Business Strategy will be responsible for working closely with cross-functional leadership to drive critical strategy and innovation projects to deliver on Old Navy’s long-range plan. The role requires a
self-motivated individual who is highly accountable, and can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment, with the ability to work on multiple tasks in parallel. The Sr. Analyst, must use strong analytical and communication skills to build trust, collaborate, and influence key stakeholders across all levels and functions in the company.
Working closely with the Manager, Sr. Director, other Strategy team members and cross-functional partners:
What you'll do
Support the development of Old Navy’s long-term strategic plan, including new initiatives for growth
Build enterprise knowledge of key customer, market, and competitive dynamics
Perform hypothesis-driven analyses to understand trends in the industry and track performance and strategic moves of key competitors
Structure research and analyze consumer insights (quantitative and qualitative) to identify actionable opportunities for Old Navy and drive detailed recommendations
Prepare and communicate impactful executive-level presentations
Support new initiative process from ideation through execution
Leverage consumer insights and market data to refine new concepts, quantify and prioritize new growth opportunities
Participate in ideation sessions with executives and cross functional leadership
Develop and drive to innovation project plans. Monitor project against time, budget and quality standards. Develop tools/methods and track, record, and communicate progress to relevant stakeholders
Design opportunities to prototype and test hypotheses. Monitor test performance and implications to the project plan
Build the business case for new initiatives, including detailed financials with vetted assumptions
Who you are
- BA/BS degree required
- 2-5+ years of work experience, preferably with experience in the retail industry, consumer goods/tech, management consulting and/or investment banking
- Sharp Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results. Ability to run complicated and hypothesis-driven quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is critical to this role
- Exceptional Organization- Highly organized, and strong project planning and time management skills. Strong attention to detail
- Creative Thinking- A combination of out-of-the-box thinking and the ability to question status quo and received wisdom. Continuous curiosity and interest in the industry
- Persuasive Communication– Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills. Ability to distill information, structure content, and tailor crisp ideas and messages to audiences to achieve objectives. Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint is critical to this role
- Strong Interpersonal Skills–Ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions to build trust and respect. Strong professional/executive presence
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs