About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Responsible for managing all aspects of the Occupational Safety and Fire Prevention Program, strong emphasis on Fire Prevention. Plans and executes programs and initiatives in compliance with applicable regulations, industry standards and Gap Inc. policy. Demonstrates ability to manage workplace safety and fire prevention, identify unsafe conditions and propose solutions to prevent worker and customer injuries.
What you'll do
- Manage, develop, and implement Gap Inc. Fire Protection and Occupational Health and Safety Programs
- Provides daily support of property fire prevention practices for all Gap Inc. properties
- Effectively communicate and partner with various divisions at all levels in the organization
- Serve as technical resource for Field, Operations and Facilities Maintenance on fire protection, industrial health and safety
- Manage Store, Corporate and Distribution Center safety audits and inspection process
- Analyze data, develop and communicate injury information; identify trends and key problem areas
- Develop programs and recommendations related to process and policies related to known risks in order to reduce workers compensation and liability issues
Who you are
- Strong knowledge of Federal and local Safety and Fire compliance regulations; experience in occupational safety and fire prevention methods
- Demonstrated ability to lead and conduct training; ability to present in front of peers/associates
- Ability to work in a team environment and achieve results
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office
- Travel to distribution centers and stores when needed
- University degree or college diploma or an accredited safety education program or related experience
- 3 - 5 years experience in Occupational Health and Safety and NFPA Regulation requirements for US locations.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs