Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Promo Operations Specialist is responsible for the production of on-time, error-free promotional codes and discounts for Gap Online.
Support a team of digital promo producers throughout the promo build process by:
What you'll do
- Gathering promo setup requirements, including legal and product exclusions
- Set up error-free promo codes and discounts ensuring a great customer experience
- Making necessary changes to promo setup in reaction to business needs
- Works closely with the promo producers to understand required timelines and schedules for promotions to ensure deliverables meet deadlines
- Proactively and clearly communicating with promo producers, accommodating change requests and questions, and delivering the promo setup in a consistent and timely manner
- Testing promo codes and discounts for display and functionality on multiple browsers, and on both desktop and mobile devices
- Liaising with IT and Producers to update and troubleshoot promo code issues
- Escalate issues and recommendation with an appropriate level of urgency
- Maintaining personal daily and weekly schedule to promotions are delivered on time
- Assist in quality control of promo deliverables
- Assess processes and communication methods of delivery schedule, and identify improvement areas. Work with manager to implement change where needed.
- Helps with documentation, maintenance, and communication of the weekly promo executional schedule
Who you are
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, quality-driven, proactive, and responsible
- Quick learner, team player, question asker
- A knack for problem-solving
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work within a team
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Ability to self-manage and meet varying deadlines for multiple projects – organizational skills with the ability to manage time is a must
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs (Google Sheets, SmartSheets)
- Ability to apply past learning to present and future situations
- Constant drive to gain additional knowledge to improve skill-set
- 1-3 years in a role with an emphasis on QA
- 1-3 years of detailed task planning and execution experience
- 1-3 years of related online experience
- Past experience producing promotional content preferred
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs