About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position will be part of the Data Science Engineering team at Gap Inc which has two functions: 1.) build data products and infrastructure and 2.) use that infrastructure to add value to the business. This infrastructure is particularly important as it supports all analysis, reporting, and modeling functions related to Gap Inc’s customer data. The individual joining this team should be a well-seasoned data engineer who will assist in developing, maintaining, and deploying data products and infrastructure and will report to the Senior Manager of Data Science Engineering.
• Partner with internal customers to understand business needs and lead the development and deployment of analytic data products, such as dashboards, simulation tools, data marts, and analytic ready data sets to solve those needs solutions.
• Maintain and support deployed solutions and data products.
• Provide technical mentorship and guidance to all levels of Customer Data & Analytics team.
• Assist with the evaluation of new analytical technology and data scientist tools such as model deployment, data science workbench, reporting, and automation tools.
Who you are
• BA/BS in a technical or engineering field (Master’s preferred).
• 5 to 8 years of experience in a data engineering or full-stack data scientist role.
• Expert level knowledge in designing and deploying relational databases and distributed data processing systems (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, and Teradata).
• Strong programming skills and proficiency with multiple statistical and data related languages such as Python, R, SAS, SQL.
• Evidence of successfully deploying projects in production environments.
• Excellent communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience with the Agile development process (preferred).
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.