About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position will be part of the Data ScienceEngineering team at Gap Inc which has two functions: 1.) build data productsand infrastructure and 2.) use that infrastructure to add value to thebusiness. This infrastructure is particularly important as it supports allanalysis, reporting, and modeling functions related to Gap Inc’s customer data.This is an entry-level position which will assist in developing, maintaining,and deploying data products and infrastructure and will report to the SeniorManager of Data Science Engineering.
• Partner with internal customers to understandbusiness needs and help develop and deploy of analytic data products, such asreporting dashboards, data marts, and analytic ready data sets to solve thoseneeds solutions.
• Maintain and support deployed solutions anddata products.
Who you are
• BA/BS in a technical or engineering field (Master’s preferred).
• 1-3 years of experience in a data engineeringor full-stack data scientist role.
• Very good understanding of relationaldatabases and SQL.
• Solid programming foundations and proficiencywith statistical and data related languages such as Python and R.
• Excellent communication skills. Able toeffectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs