Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Communications for Gap Brand plays a pivotal role in helping to support the Company's operating and growth strategies.
What you'll do
- Communications is responsible for informing, engaging and inspiring employees about where Gap is headed and support efforts to bring the business strategy and culture to life internally. The team delivers strategic communications that are creative, timely and have a consistent Gap voice, and continually assesses delivery mechanisms for impact.
- This position will report to the Senior Director, Communications and has responsibility for developing internal communications plans and being a communications advisor to leaders and teams across the organization.
- The Senior Manager, Communications will be responsible for helping leaders throughout the brand communicate effectively and consistently with employees around the world – from the field to HQ - about business strategy, organization changes and brand stories.
- The ideal candidate understands how communications helps drive business success and culture. They will have an extremely professional demeanor and the ability to provide tactful, honest counsel and work well with individuals in multiple departments and markets. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well very strong organizational, management and technical skills, and the ability to handle many tasks simultaneously. The candidate must able to act quickly, competently and confidently.
- Proactively lead multiple communications projects simultaneously
- Advise and work with leaders and team members at all levels
- Develop and execute new and creative communications strategies
- Utilize employee surveys and draw from other feedback to drive plans
- Build relationships across the organization and effectively represent communications across different parts of the organization
- Actively mentor others with own team or department
Who you are
Bachelor's degree required
Proven track record (6-8 years experience) including experience developing effective internal communications strategies and approaches (including events and change management)
Superb communications skills (written, oral and non-verbal) and ability to tailor messages to specific audiences
Flexibility to respond to rapidly changing conditions and the imagination and tenacity to turn obstacles into opportunities
Experience leading and managing others, informally or formally
Ability to use discretion when presented with sensitive or confidential issues
Proficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft, gSuite
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs