We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Senior Field Visual Manager ensures the integrity of the Athleta brand through consistent execution of merchandising vision and direction in the field. Using a thorough understanding and appreciation of Athleta's brand aesthetic and customer profile, the Senior Field Visual Manager leads the Visual Market Managers in developing strategies to deliver well-merchandised, visually-engaging stores that meet the needs of the business. The Senior Field Visual Manager will partner with the Director of Visual Merchandising to build on and develop new, innovative ways to make the Brand come to life in our stores. The Senior Field Visual Manager will collaborate extensively with the Head of Stores, Visual Market Managers, Coaches, GMs and headquarters partners. The Senior Field Visual Manager provides training, leadership, guidance and inspiration to the Market Visual Managers, GMs and store Visual teams. The Senior Field Visual Manager reports directly to the Head of Stores with a dotted line relationship to the Director of Visual Merchandising. The Market Visual Managers report to the Senior Field Visual Manager.
What you'll do
- Be a guardian of Athleta's retail voice, look and feel that best represents the Athleta brand and is differentiated in the category.
- Manage the fixture, remodel and new store visual merchandising process, execution and budgets.
- Develop strategies to ensure seasonal product, window and in-store applications are executed seamlessly throughout the store fleet and make adjustments where necessary for localization opportunities.
- Leads the field teams to execute seasonal Store Experience goals.
- Identifies visual partners within each store's staff and builds partnerships with consistent dialogue, training and development to develop new ideas and ensure consistent execution.
- Creates and delivers seasonal presentation workshops, meetings and conference calls with field visual team to support key initiatives and opportunities.
- Provides consistent training and development to the VMM team to develop talent and bench strength. Builds bench strength by identifying and developing internal and recruiting external talent.
- Influences alignment between Visual Merchandising goals and field/operational objectives.
- Synthesizes seasonal Store Experience Hindsight to inform future brand seasonal decisions.
- Accountable for meeting Visual Merchandising budget targets.
- Ensure the look and voice of marketing collateral (including windows, imagery, mannequins and signage) is in line with the brand's positioning, customer insights, product and retail merchandising strategies and cross channel marketing initiatives.
- Partners with Director of Visual Merchandising to ensure proper distribution of creative elements within the store environment, including signage, propping, painting and seasonal installations.
- Guides the market and store visual leaders ensuring all product is presented in an authentic, compelling manner. Gain insight into seasonal merchandising strategies and ensure key programs are protected and presentation is appropriate for the brand.
- Ensures styling in stores is on strategy with both design and product intent and based on the styling direction.
- Is viewed as a valuable, creative thought partner with Retail Merchandising and Visual Merchandising to influence the best possible assortment in stores.
- Maintains a store attribute database to inform Store Experience decisions.
- Partners with the Merchants to determine appropriate assortment levels based on store size.
- Executes visual merchandising guides by flow that support the retail merchandising strategy and plans.
- Leverage and adapt brand visual merchandising strategies by season and geographic location always with the customer's delight in mind.
- Understands the market competition store experience and is able to articulate their strategy.
- Develop strategies to improve business productivity while maintaining high presentation standards.
- Provide support and relevant insight on business growth opportunities and market issues.
- Resolves store specific merchandising challenges that require adaptations based on store size, type, volume and inventory levels.
- Conducts store visits to ensure understanding, compliance and execution of merchandising and visual standards.
- Interacts collaboratively with the Director of Field Visual and Head of Stores to determine, prioritize and execute all short- and long-term business goals.
- Partners effectively with all Athleta business partners, including Merchants, Store Operations, Marketing and Creative, Inventory Planning, Human Resources, creating an internal network and significant work flow efficiencies.
Who you are
- 5 years comparable experience in significant visual leadership roles
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- Innovative and creative in visual merchandising approach
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and travel in North America
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs