About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Brand Loyalty Operations team drives the loyalty strategy within each of the Gap brands. They oversee the launch and execution of marketing initiatives that must be integrated into each brand’s commercial planning calendar and support the brand’s overall marketing objectives. They serve as the primary point of contact and are directly embedded with the brand teams to provide a seamless connection to brand stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this team must have strong communication and influencing skills, as well as the ability to drive strategic initiatives across multiple cross-functional teams.
What you'll do
- Oversees and co-owns the total loyalty performance portfolio across each brand to ensure a profitable P&L for Loyalty & Payments, as well as meeting brand objectives
- Leads, manages, and is accountable for delivering the annual loyalty strategic plan at the senior leadership level, including key financial goals
- Serves as a thought partner to both the Brand and greater Loyalty & Payments teams on opportunities to drive customer acquisition, loyalty, and sales to the brand, including innovation and relevance to the Brand customer segments
- Maintains oversight to long term business objectives
- Leverage customer data and campaign performance, in partnership with Brand Finance and Business Analysis teams, to develop loyalty strategies that will ensure optimal ROI results for both the brand and Loyalty & Payments P&L and Gap Inc. CLTV
- Leads high-level financial forecasting in partnership with Directors of Brand Loyalty and Finance team for loyalty at monthly, quarterly and yearly hindsight level with strong focus on strategic narrative
- Responsible for overseeing the integration of loyalty initiatives into annual and seasonal commercial plans (via primary, secondary, tertiary events) to drive customer/lifecycle objectives and hit both customer and financial targets with a cohesive messaging strategy
- Shares results of best practices from sister brand marketing campaigns to drive further loyalty integration and testing strategies with brand marketing objectives
- Maintains oversight to all brand integration points across channels and platforms to ensure a cohesive strategy is communicated at the senior leadership level in partnership with the Director of Brand Loyalty Operations (embedded in brand) and Cross-Brand and Lifecycle/World senior leadership
- In partnership with EVP and VP of Customer Strategy & Engagement, owns Brand Loyalty Operations budget allocation for each brand
- Lead and inspire Brand Loyalty Operations team embedded within each respective brand, inclusive of banking partners, to be: customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving & team-oriented and ensure seamless execution
- Drive Loyalty and brand relationship at the senior leadership level, identifying opportunities to partner with the brands and win together
- Integrates with central marketing teams (retail, digital, site, email, lifecycle) to help prioritize multiple brand programs and campaigns according to loyalty goals and objectives
- Part of the Loyalty & Payments marketing team – representing total loyalty in Gap Inc customer initiatives and partnering with sister brands & Central to incorporate best practices and ensure knowledge sharing across the Inc portfolio
- Aligns with Brand Finance and Business Analysis teams to optimize marketing investment strategy to ensure optimal ROI results for both the Brand and Loyalty & Payments P&L, as well as the Gap Inc customer life-time-value
- Champions change and challenges the status quo to ensure the business is evolving with the needs of our customers and brands
Who you are
- 10+ years of CRM, direct marketing, or consumer driven marketing strategy experience in retail and/or loyalty
- Strong communication skills: written, oral and formal presentation; ability to actively participate and influence executive-level discussions and decision making
- Proven ability to lead, manage and gain alignment across a complex, matrixed organization
- Strong analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills. Highly comfortable with leveraging data to drive decisions and tell a story
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while also maintaining oversight of the business.
- Successful track record of developing and implementing marketing and field strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Past credit card experience preferred but not required
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs