About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Working primarily within the Internal Audit team, you will be responsible for conducting internal audits of complex
business processes and effectively reporting on the results.
This position requires communication, coordination, and building relationships with teams across all functions and brands, including various domestic and international based locations.
What you'll do
- Conduct internal audits of financial, operational, compliance and strategic processes in a timely manner, specifically:
- Lead process walk-throughs to facilitate development of the audit scope and approach during the planning phase;
- Draft process narratives and flowcharts;
- Contribute to the design of the control testing approach, audit program, and project scope document;
- Document risk assessment and test results in compliance with industry and departmental standards;
- Accurately identify areas/processes for improvement and apply analytical skills and judgment to propose recommendations; and draft reports of audit findings and obtain management responses.
- Use data analytics to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of audit projects and to identify improvement opportunities.
- Perform some projects in partnership with the IT, SOX and Store Compliance Audit teams in a cross-teaming environment.
- Evaluate internal control environment and financial reporting compliance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley objectives.
- Organize, prepare and present proposals, analyses, and other strategic and value-add projects.
- On an ad-hoc basis, provide assistance on fraud investigations.
- Assist with development of annual resource forecasts, project timelines, resource allocation plans, and travel expense estimates.
Who you are
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a business-related field
- 3 years of relevant operational audit experience, preferably in a large public accounting/consulting firm; audit experience in the retail industry will be a plus
- Knowledge of using data analytics tools such as Power BI, ACL, Tableau, etc. and GRC tools such as MetricStream in audit projects will be a plus
- Relevant professional certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with high level of integrity
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-tasking, and as part of a geographically dispersed team in a matrix organization
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with global business partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs