About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Analyst will support planning and forecasting processes, development of annual budgets, monthly forecast submission and comparisons. Senior Analyst will be responsible for tops-down sales, margin and inventory forecasts. The position will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability.
What you'll do
- Recap and analyze business results versus plan and forecast on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Develop detailed annual plans (sales, margin, and inventory) that support the brand's business strategy
- Develop sales, margin, and inventory forecasts and submit monthly to Corporate
- Partner with Inventory Management to ensure merchandise plans/forecasts aligneconcile with the total company's plan/forecasts
- Build ad-hoc projections and provide decision support to brand leadership on events and promotions
- Support the financial evaluation of any new business opportunities
Who you are
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and influence others
- Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects (including ad hoc requests) with tight timelines
- Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications and system
- Microstrategy and/or Essbase experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial planning, forecasting and analysis experience required
- Inventory management and/or retail planning experience preferred, but not required
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs