Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Regional Sales Director leads and inspires a Regional team to consistently achieve sales goals through their team, along with driving critical initiatives. In this role, the Regional Sales Director fosters and develops a culture that is customer-centric, builds customer loyalty and is determined to meet or exceed performance goals. The Regional Sales Director develops a plan of execution aligned with the North America strategy inclusive of hiring, retaining and developing the best talent, delivering best in class store experiences while modeling the Brand Vision of Gap Brand.
What you'll do
- Communicates and drives Company and Division strategic direction and long-range plan. Develops and executes a Regional plan to achieve both long term and short term financial objectives.
- Develops talent through regular coaching of District Sales Managers.
- Establishes and maintains standards of accountability for Gap Brand Talent & Culture, Store experience, Product Excellence and Brand Strength objectives.
- Drives the development of the Gap Inc. talent pipeline through recruitment, succession planning, high engagement and learning
- Identifies, develops and leverages existing talent to meet both short-term and long-term business goals. Unleashes the "best you" in our talent.
- Serves as an ambassador for his/her region and the voice of the stores to HQ.
- Establish and maintain a culture built on lasting relationships with both our internal and external customer.
- Maximize loyalty and Omni-channel business to drive results.
- Leverage all field employees by creating a team of highly engaged, empowered employees who can confidently connect and service the customer.
- Inspire a forever loyal customer by modeling an optimistic attitude.
- Drive the region’s business plan execution and control expenses (Payroll, travel etc.).
- Own full P&L for region.
- Drive gross margin dollars and profit.
- Manage budget effectively.
- Model operational excellence through leadership and thoughtful decision making.
- Lead a high performing team through development and accountability.
- Foster a work environment that inspires creativity and entrepreneurial spirit aligned with our Brand vision.
- Create a sustainable inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Attract, hire and assess best talent.
- Create actionable succession plans and career path strategies for the Field team.
- Utilize tools and resources to ensure compliancy on in stock processes and deliver margin and AUR goals.
- Leverage based business partners to ensure seamless inventory and in stock position.
- Ensure District Sales Manager team has the tools and resources necessary to make quality decisions to drive business.
- Ensure creative and effective execution of corporate merchandising and marketing strategy in partnership with Field Visual.
Allocation of time
- 50% of time engaging with field leaders providing sales leadership; teaching, inspiring and leading by example the tenants of the Brand Vision and Strategy.
- 30% of time coaching and developing District Sales Manager team individually and collectively; proactively networking external talent.
- 15% of time creating a Regional Plan of execution.
- 5% of time managing operational follow up actions for the Region.
- Reports to Vice President of Stores, Outlet
- Interacts with all levels of Headquarters and field management.
- Collaborates with Cross functional business partners.
- Works closely with peers in and outside of the Brand.
Who you are
- Minimum 6-9 years multi-unit high volume, highly complex business experience preferred.
- Four year college degree or equivalent preferred.
- Multi-store leadership experience.
- Ability to travel, including overnight as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs