Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
What you'll do
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented.
- Support Buying team’s in-season business reaction with changes to categories, style or style/color display, sort orders.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Based on merchant direction, responsible for the maintenance of the web/category hierarchy in Pacman, including category and sub-category set up, display name input, effective dates, and order placement within the navigation.
- Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer’s site experience.
- Optimize the mapping of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manual product associations.
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery & copy ready to post when the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing & approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing & approving the product copy.
- Monitor styles that stock on daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories & styles.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
- Communicate issues and best practices to all merchandising teams.
- Communicate web calendar to merchandising team identifying potential issues and risks.
- Work with production and IT to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Work with product management to learn, test & improve functionality of systems including Pacman.
- Work with photo studio and creative team to ensure that all images are available and accurate.
- Work with copy to ensure that all products have correct copy.
- Run weekly reports and recap business priorities such as top sellers, category conversion, marketing sort performance, and issues.
- Enter all pricing actions in PC73 and confirm all prices went through to the website correctly
- Work with GIS, production, and buyers to ensure all PO’s are written correctly as per the booking
- Work with buyers to create seasonal sizing curves and maintain the spotlight system, to size and pack all POs.
Who you are
•Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
• Ability to learn computer systems quickly.
• Ability or previous experience with backend website systems (i.e. Microsoft Commerce 2000, Blue Martini).
• Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Analytical skills
• Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 years of experience in retail/merchandising and/or on-line preferred.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs