About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
GAP INC. GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN &PRODUCT OPERATIONS
Asa leading specialty apparel company and Fortune 500, Gap Inc.’s Supply Chainsupports all six of our portfolio brands. We manufacture clothing in over 30countries for sale in over 90 countries. Our brands operate multiple channelsfor distribution including but not limited to Franchise operations, specialtyretail brick and mortar, ecommerce marketplaces, wholly owned websites, andOutlet channels. This requires us to partner with an extensive network of rawmaterial providers, mills and cut a sew vendors as well as an extensive groupof third party logistics providers. Our product operations teams are focused onbuilding best in class inventory capabilities to respond to our customersacross all of our brands in channels. Core to our extensive operations are ourcommitment in our supply chain to Gap Inc.’s Social Environmental &Responsibility practices.
The Sr. Director of GlobalGap Brand Operations is a critical role in driving best in class strategicpartnership between Gap (multi market/channel) and the end-to-end supply chainto deliver business results. This role requires the management of integratedrelationships with senior brand leaders (Inventory Management, Design,Production, Merchandising, Finance) and global supply chain leaders. Thisleader plays a pivotal role ensuring that supply chain and the brandeffectively collaborate to deliver business outcomes.
As part of this role, the leader is accountable for managing theimplementation of best in class capabilities (process/tools) in closepartnership with brand leaders. Capabilities include VMI (Vendor Managed Inventory), Product Testing, DemandDriven Buying, DC capacity/inbound and outbound budget and forecast management (S&OP)and In-Shop success (on time to commercial plan). As capabilities mature andare introduced, this leader will ensure the team is accountable for drivingadoption and institutionalizing capabilities into the operating model. Thisbest in class execution is intended to help the brands meet customer needs andachieve financial outcomes.
This leader is accountable for driving the day to day retailoperations in partnership with brand leaders, driving strategic efforts withinGSC and in partnership with brands to improve delivery against the commercialplan, and partnering with central capability leaders to develop and implement bestpractices for the enterprise and Global Gap.
What you'll do
- Execute brand and customer needs as a seamless activity end to endin the supply chain working across sourcing and fulfillment teams.
- Guidethe S&OP team to execute analysis, capacity planning and inventorymovement.
- Develop best in class talent with operations expertise andunderstanding of brand core functions.
- Institutionalize, drive adoption and ensure ROI on VMI, producttesting , demand driven buying and in shop success for Global Gap; partnerclosely with responsive capability leaders
- Lead transformation to responsive operating model with brandleaders –driving adoption and optimization of VMI, in season buying andtesting. Includes building sustainable Sales and Operations planning capabilityand expertise across brands and supply chain.
- Ensure optimal speed and cost options are executed to meet brandinventory needs.
- Develop strong relationships across brand functional leaders and supplychain leaders to help support their execution and leadership.
- Support the development and maintenance of best in classenterprise S&OP capabilities (process & tools)
- Leadimplementation of consistent S&OP processes within Global Gap includingprocess and tools.
- Advocateand develop reporting and analytics capability with cross-functional teams foroptimal decision support.
- Drivebusiness outcomes with brand teams related to risks to commercial plans withanalytic insight. Ensure standardization of analytics and reports acrossportfolio of brands to support process.
- Effectively collaborate with senior brand and supply chain leadersto deliver results
- Drive strategic initiatives to deliver against brand commercialplan/strategies and lead day to day retail operations within Global Gap inclose partnership with brand leaders.
Who you are
- Experience in product to market processes for apparel retail specifically merchandising, inventory management or other relevant experience.
- Experience facilitating and engaging with cross functional teams.
- Experience in retail operations (specifically inventory capacity planning and inventory movement)
- Proficient at senior management communication and engagement.
- Strong leadership, coaching and development skills.
- Ability to influence and deliver results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop andmaintain effective business partner relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/ projects, toprioritize, adapt to changing environment.
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary businessprinciples and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functionalprojects and activities
- Must be self-motivated, organized, self-confident andself-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and mobilizeinitiatives in an orderly fashion to achieve desired results with minimalsupervision
- Must be effective and efficient in identifying and proposingcreative, innovative solutions to complex, time-critical challenges
- Exceptional business acumen and curiosity.
- Must be effective at working at all levels in the organization
- 10-15 years plus of experience management consulting,retail/consumer products, or operations
- Advanced degree in operations, engineering, business orequivalent.
- Experience with change management and leading transition andimplementation work
- Consulting and strategy experience leading process and capabilitydevelopment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs