About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As a Regional Director, you are responsible for leading a business comprised of District Managers and a regional support team. You create an environment that drives high performance, operational excellence, customer satisfaction, maximum productivity and profitability through leading and empowering your team in execution of all brand initiatives. You are responsible for bringing the brand field strategy to life through the Territory plan to increase and constantly improve the entire Territory and region’s business, while reducing the amount of variability between districts, as measured by the P&L and other financial reports.
What you'll do
- You are a part of the Territory Leadership team and lead your own region.
- You collaborate with regional partners in human resources, loss prevention and visual merchandising to make the best business decisions.
- You collaborate with cross functional business partners and advocate on behalf of your region to ensure the proper tools and resources are allocated to achieve commercial success.
- You actively pursue details about the marketplace and customers, acting on this information to improve the customer experience and improve profitability.
- You build a talent pipeline by developing enterprise and brand talent through proactive recruitment, selection, development, succession planning and networking.
- Leads and inspires team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- In partnership with the Territory Leadership team, develop and execute a Territory operational plan to achieve and exceed short and long term business, people, and financial objectives, including ownership of the P&L for region.
- Build a high performing team and bench that achieve business goals and create an environment with conditions for success.
- Deliver operational excellence - continually innovating, optimizing productivity and driving efficiencies which impact the customer experience.
- Grow people’s capabilities to build a talent pipeline for the Region, Territory, and Brand.
- Effectively communicate with direct reports and cross functional partners to advocate for the Territory and regional business.
- Provide learnings and feedback to HQ, Territory Leadership, Regional team and direct reports to improve processes and performance.
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability to provide sales leadership, drive results, coach and develop direct reports, collaborate and lead execution through others.
- Demonstrated ability to continually embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and welcome change.
- Demonstrated ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors.
- Minimum 5+ years multi-unit, high volume, highly complex business leadership experience.
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel as required by business, including overnight.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteeth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Browse all jobs